Happy holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy holidays

I just wanted to give a quick wish to everyone for the holidays. Hopefully everyone can find some measure of peace and joy over the next week and a half despite all the madness the holidays bring. For those without your kids, know that you're not alone. All the best for the new year! Thanks for being a support and help through this vicious process.

One way to look at things is that 48 hours from now Christmas is over and 8 days from now it's 2015!

Peace to all

Comment

No 40 pound turkey to cook, no slaving in the kitchen to cater to drunken guests ... just my son, our pets and myself having a merry little Xmas.

Have safe and restful holidays everyone! ((HUGS))

Comment

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Xmas...

366 days till xmas.

Comment

Just back from Puerto Plata, where we spent out best vacation (so far) with d11. Many, many things to remember. And we are over the 40% by 2 days.

When ex signed the latest agreement in front of the courtroom she was too stoned from the antidepressants to realize that with the vacation days it will put me over that magic limit and her "free" lawyer just wanted to get over the case to start spending the money she got from the taxpayers.

I started with 4 hours once a month access 4 years ago. I won many small battles since then with the help of this forum, and there are 2 or 3 more battles to win in the next 5 years. One starts in January. Wish me good luck.

Comment

I swear this whole situation is a soap opera with no end. We are convinced now that all of this madness is the result of the exs control and manipulation.

After not being able to reach him by phone, the kids texted and he tried to keep it short so as not to "ruin their holiday". The oldest did all the talking (further proof of the manipulation) and accused him of being bitter they wanted to stay home. He left it at hes not angry, he doesnt want to interfere and he hopes they have a great time. He then sent them an email two days later letting them know he isnt angry and hes trying to accommodate the changes in their lives and respect their feelings but to make the relationship work they all have to be honest and communicate. (I read that book and his email used all the tools discussed). His ex responded telling him he is ruining their holidays. He just said he wanted to assure them he wasnt angry and allow the communication channels to remain open.

We heard from another family member a bit of indignation at me living with him and my partner finally told me about the convo he had with his youngest about me living with him which was a lot of "mom says..." then negativity. We're convinced now that the kids are uncomfortable because we live together and arent married. The ex is religious and a total "living in sin" zealot about it. We've already endured comments about a friend being pregnant and getting married. Last time I checked it was the 21st century.

So this will be 2015's challenge....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X