This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal aid certificate revoked

My ex-wife's legal aid certificate was revoked. She said her mail from legal aid was mailed the wrong address. (I'm calling BS here). What grounds would legal aid revoke the certificate? She has no job and her only support is my child and spousal support.

None based on that alone. Maybe your ex should followup as to the cause.

Comment

She has been found to have lied on her application?
      Something along those lines, I would think. Don't know for sure.
      Did she get a job she hasn't told you about?

I think Legal Aid only gives one kick at the can, so if this is regarding Motion to Change, I don't think she would be entitled to it anymore.

Comment

I applied for Legal Aid and was rejected. A lawyer had advised me to apply incidentally. I am attending school and have no income. As I understand, I was rejected because I have an RRSP - not a shockingly high amount actually b/c I spent 10 years at home instead of earning a salary, etc. It seems as if you need to be almost destitute before you can get this assistance. Too bad lawyers fees, etc. are so high. Something is out of whack with our system - it goes beyond any individual.

Incidentally, Legal Aid mailed me my decision but it never came. I called after two weeks and confirmed that they did have my correct address. They sent out another copy, which I received. I had suspected my husband of intervening and tossing the first copy in the garbage. (We live under the same roof at present.) Now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X