Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:47 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default Contacting Opposing counsel myself

I have as always forwarded my ex the monthly receipts for expenses he has agreed to pay in our almost 6 year old separation agreement that has been filed with the courts. I started a motion to change to enforce payment as he has stopped paying his share. Now he is demanded that I forward all receipts and requests for expenses to his lawyer via mine. Clearly another tactic to make me waste money. We have sent one lengthy letter with some requests for payment. It has gone ignored as most of the letters sent have.
Can I just forward the receipts to his lawyer myself and bypass mine? Or should I just continue to email him the monthly receipts and not worry about it. He isnít paying them anyways. My lawyer said previously to just keep emailing them. My Lawyer isnít aware of this recent demand, and I donít want to waste more money informing him. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mom 2 Two; 02-27-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:07 PM

otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road

Keep emailing him and keep records of said emails.

Why waste resources....you might need them down the road

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2019, 08:16 PM

Right!! So just because he says to go through his lawyer doesnít mean I have too. He is in breech If agreement and his arrears are piling up. Itís just frustrating. Thx.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:32 PM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Your lawyer has already directed you to continue emailing him the receipts. So continue emailing the receipts. This is not a $300/hr lawyer task. Perhaps CC his lawyer in the email though? Maybe if the lawyer starts seeing all his unpaid expenses theyíll knock some sense in him and suggest to him that he starts paying.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:35 PM

Yes I wish that would happen. So you think itís ok to CC his lawyer on my own and not bother getting mine to do it. His later knows of all his arrears and yet he still doesnít pay them.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:05 PM

Maybe email your ex and cc both your lawyer and his.

Your lawyer doesn't have to do anything and you are just keeping him in the loop. He could then refer to this email later down the line.

Just an idea...

Old 02-27-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otttawa_dad View Post
Maybe email your ex and cc both your lawyer and his.

Your lawyer doesn't have to do anything and you are just keeping him in the loop. He could then refer to this email later down the line.

Just an idea...

Just re-read your initial post. Dont email your lawyer or his... that's what lawyers are for. Save yourself the $ and when you need to have your lawyer intervene have all sent emails and let him address the issue w ex's lawyer. Likely the best bang for your buck.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:14 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

No restraining order. Send to the other party directly.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otttawa_dad View Post
Just re-read your initial post. Dont email your lawyer or his... that's what lawyers are for. Save yourself the $ and when you need to have your lawyer intervene have all sent emails and let him address the issue w ex's lawyer. Likely the best bang for your buck.

The problem is my lawyer has tried to address some of these issues with regard to him not paying what is in our agreements Exís lawyer does not respond.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
No restraining order. Send to the other party directly.

Thanks Tayken... no restraining orders...
they have demanded I donít speak with them (ex and gf) and that all communication go via email. So thatís what I do... send receipts... send school and app information.
Now itís hockey registration time... this would be the forth year kids are in hockey... so sent registration to dad via email.. told me he no longer consents( agreement says he is to pay in proportion to his income for recreational sports) and to send it to his lawyer. So stupidly i paid lawyer for a long letter and as usual itís gone ignored.

I will forward the receipts as usual and I guess. He doesnít pay them anyways. And this is coming from an ex whom is fighting me for sole/shared custody after 5.5 years of me having custody that he agreed to.
He canít even converse over email which he demanded I use.