Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:26 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDailyDad View Post
If you can afford lawyers, then you're better off having a private assessment done by a professional psychologist. The assessment should cost you less than 1 day of trial (assuming you split the cost) and you may be able to get part of it covered by your health benefits. It will also save you many days of trial, because the assessor is considered to be an expert witness and will presumably have reviewed all the items you intend to bring to trial.
I disagree when you go with a private assessor it's much harder to dispute their recommendations, because you selected and agreed upon that assessor.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:30 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
One more thing. This new lady does not want to see any documents unless they have been presented as evidence. We havenít even gotten their yet. So how is that fair that we canít show her emails or reports?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So write an affidavit and attach the emails and reports to the affidavit.
they are then part of the evidence.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:36 AM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the suggestions. Is it odd that my lawyer says we are not at that point yet? I have two reports and letters and several awful emails. My lawyer did forward one set of emails to my exís lawyer saying they need to stop communicating with me in that manner. Lawyer asked for family wizard to be used and ex never responds

Ex. Dad asks to pick up kids from school. I agree but ask what time and who? (Need to sign kids out school policy as they always take the bus) I also asked for a phone call since normally the kids see me after school on Fridays. I asked. I didnít demand. I think I even used the work propose.

Full out war starts because I get accused of not having dad on school papers and they say they always let the kids call when they want. They do not. They keep telling kids not now. Maybe tomorrow. And then more nasty accusations come out of the emails. I simply keep responding I am agreeable to this but I need this information.

Then they send email Day of cancelling. So conflict all for nothing.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:37 AM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
How access goes now, are the children going to their father and how often? How old are the children?

I have custody. Have had it for last 5 years. Dad sees kids EOW. Religiously. I have offered extra time on my weekends to dad. But he always has an excuse. That is the weekend him and gf donít have her kids. So you can see how that looks.
Kids are 7 and 10.