Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:17 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
Can you tell me what information or reports I should include in the application? I have reports from therapist about things the children struggled with? Should those be included ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I included a letter from my therapist. She sent it to my lawyer who included it with my application. I believe it helped with getting the OCL involved. In my case- I wanted the OCL involved because I would like some type of parental assessment.

My husband's lawyer agreed because I think she thinks that I'm blowing the conflict out of proportion. Time will tell.

It's worth also noting- that the Judge we went before during our settlement conference said that she didn't think the OCL would become involved because our daughter is really young (barely verbal toddler). But then again- I get the feeling she did not read our case conference briefs.

I'm curious as to why your husband's lawyer wanted their involvement?
Old 07-09-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdad91 View Post
I had a terrible experience with the OCL. SHe was late to appointments and my meetings were 1 hour when supposed to be 2 hours. She was biased throughout and ended up recommending sole custody to mom. I filed a dispute, ended up getting half the summer although she only recommended a ridiculous one week each month, got christmas although she ordered I not have Christmas, and have got the mom to agree to joint custody and 50/50 access despite OCL recommending sole and alternate weekend + 1 mid week.

OCL didn't even receive OCL file until after the disclosure meeting in our case. None of the police or OCL report were put before us for discussion and the most recent CAS involvement was not mentioned in her report.

OCL = biased, sexist, useless monkies.

That being said, there was some good in the report as it proved the mother has been disparaging me to the child, and has identified many symptoms of alienation.

Oh, I also got easter from the court though the OCL recommended I only have 6 hours on Easter...

Getting the OCL to do an assessment (or an investigation as the OCL biased lady in my case calls it) is like buying an Insignia TV from BestBuy and expecting the picture quality of a Samsung or LG.

I see this statement made A LOT here...that the OCL is biased. But why? what is the evidence of this bias? What happened in your case to suspect they were biased?
Old 07-09-2018, 04:27 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
I included a letter from my therapist. She sent it to my lawyer who included it with my application. I believe it helped with getting the OCL involved. In my case- I wanted the OCL involved because I would like some type of parental assessment.

My husband's lawyer agreed because I think she thinks that I'm blowing the conflict out of proportion. Time will tell.

It's worth also noting- that the Judge we went before during our settlement conference said that she didn't think the OCL would become involved because our daughter is really young (barely verbal toddler). But then again- I get the feeling she did not read our case conference briefs.

I'm curious as to why your husband's lawyer wanted their involvement?

My ex husband claimed he is afraid he will never see his kids again. He sees them EOW without fail. Judge fell for it. There is no abuse. No CAS ever. He claims I alienate them. Yet they go on their scheduled access. He recently moved in with his partner and she had taken over. Kids are having hard time. Been some battles and crying. I can only imagine the lies they put on their OCL intake. I included therapist report and letters with mine that say he doesn’t follow through or “show up” for his kids.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
My ex husband claimed he is afraid he will never see his kids again. He sees them EOW without fail. Judge fell for it. There is no abuse. No CAS ever. He claims I alienate them. Yet they go on their scheduled access. He recently moved in with his partner and she had taken over. Kids are having hard time. Been some battles and crying. I can only imagine the lies they put on their OCL intake. I included therapist report and letters with mine that say he doesn’t follow through or “show up” for his kids.

Do you mind me asking what the arrangements for shared parenting time is now?

How did you guys get to that arrangement? lawyers on both sides?

My husband has a good lawyer- SUPER aggressive, but smart. She keeps pushing for increased time and unsupervised acess. and I keep denying until he gets help and does some type of assessment that, at least, says he's not a *current* threat to her.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:43 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My husband has a good lawyer- SUPER aggressive, but smart. She keeps pushing for increased time and unsupervised acess. and I keep denying until he gets help and does some type of assessment that, at least, says he's not a *current* threat to her.

Is CAS still involved? If they have no concerns imo the courts won’t either.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Do you mind me asking what the arrangements for shared parenting time is now?

How did you guys get to that arrangement? lawyers on both sides?

I think our cases are diff. We had an agreement only when we split. Followed it for 4 years. Was legal and registered with courts. He stopped paying section 7. I filed motion to change to get them enforced. And he responded with sole custody claim
He did it the wrong way. Judge let it go through. And now we are in a custody battle. I have had sole custody since nov 2013 which he gave me with no fight or issue. Now he wants them and it claiming all sorts of lies

Old 07-28-2018, 12:08 PM

toronto_father is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdad91 View Post
The evidence of this bias is the ample recommendations for moms to have custody being laughed out of the courts and the fathers either being ordered to have sole custody (i.e., workingdad) or joint custody and equal access (lovingfather32 and myself).

It's not hard to tell from their body language when they are clearly against you and siding with the mother. If you're a sharp person, you can quickly grasp that and even further when you meet with them at the disclosure meeting and read their report. They think they are good at appearing impartial but have no idea how much they suck at it.

The OCL has a tendency to recommend sole custody to moms and little access to fathers. They don't seem to really appreciate father's in the life of children and some of them even have issues with men themselves.

How do the lawyers charge for this? I saw the number 24,000 tossed around in this thread...I have a job the mom does not ....

What kinda of formula is the ocl using to charge parents?
Old 07-28-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto_father View Post
How do the lawyers charge for this? I saw the number 24,000 tossed around in this thread...I have a job the mom does not ....

What kinda of formula is the ocl using to charge parents?

I was told OCL lawyers are free.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:50 PM

gamma is on a distinguished road

We included court orders. I would include any reports that you feel are important.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:11 PM

My case has been accepted. Wish me luck. I’m so nervous.