This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skydiving

I just booked a skydiving jump next Sunday.

Never done it before, can't wait. Going to be so fun.

Originally posted by oink View Post
    FB_

As discussed prior...the first time is always going to be gut-wrenching, especially if you haven't done it before

If you had more time, I would have suggested you go to the place in the link...I have my "jump wings" thru work, and have done a number of jumps. To get the feeling without going into a plane, I took my son to this place

For skydivers | SkyVenture Montréal

There is also a place in the 1000 islands area where you can do a tandem jump for $250

Should be a blast...next up should be a 'bungee jump' if you haven't already. My most craziest one was off the infamous bridge (Kawarau) in New Zealand

Bungy Jumping New Zealand ? AJ Hackett Bungy
    The only thing I've done is extreme skyflyer at Wonderland when I worked there 13 years ago. It was awesome.

The place I'm going is in Dundas. It's $300.

Comment

Next I'd suggest a glider/soaring flight. Thanksgiving is typically one of the last weekend for it though - need the sun's power.

Pick a day when the clouds are fluffy with a bit of grey in them, and a bit flat on the bottom (cumulus, not cumulonimbus, or cirrus or stratus) and the winds are nil to light.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
        I just booked a skydiving jump next Sunday.

Never done it before, can't wait. Going to be so fun.

Double ... triple ... quadruple check the parachute

Oh and update your will before the jump

Comment

I read somewhere you can get free wills this month if you are over 50

Comment

I have a friend, a world traveller, who did hang-gliding, sky-diving and bungee-jumping.
            He let me know recently that if he ever got terminally ill, he would go to the nearest bridge and bungee jump....without a cord!!

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
              Next I'd suggest a glider/soaring flight. Thanksgiving is typically one of the last weekend for it though - need the sun's power.

Pick a day when the clouds are fluffy with a bit of grey in them, and a bit flat on the bottom (cumulus, not cumulonimbus, or cirrus or stratus) and the winds are nil to light.
              That sounds awesome! I always wanted to learn to fly.

Comment

Solo or tandem? I'm a certified skydiver and have my QE (Qualified Evaluator) ratings which allows me to judge in competitions.

SkyVenture tunnels are fun. I've flown in both Quebec and New Hampshire. My kids have flown in New Hampshire. They are building one in Oakville.

Comment

Originally posted by smileandwalkaway View Post
                  Solo or tandem? I'm a certified skydiver and have my QE (Qualified Evaluator) ratings which allows me to judge in competitions.

SkyVenture tunnels are fun. I've flown in both Quebec and New Hampshire. My kids have flown in New Hampshire. They are building one in Oakville.
                  It's a tandem

Comment

I hope you had a great time, FB!

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
                      I hope you had a great time, FB!
                      I had an awesome time.

It truly is something that cannot be described. It was nothing like I expected except an absolutely awesome experience.

I would highly recommend anyone who has not done it to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                        The little (sic) bugger did...more than you care to know
                        Hey now... lol

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                          I had an awesome time.

It truly is something that cannot be described. It was nothing like I expected except an absolutely awesome experience.

I would highly recommend anyone who has not done it to give it a try.
                          FB, that could also be describing another "ahem" activity... especially seeing as you didn't mention skydiving specifically.

Just kiddin' ya. Blame it on oink. He started it.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it. From all the time I've sort at the dropzone, it is clearly evident that first time jumpers fall into two broad categories: did it, done it, strike that off my bucket list or instantly loving the sport.

My first jump in 2006 was intended to be a strike off the bucket list activity. After my 1st jump I loved it so much I went right back up for a second then started my student progression a couple of weeks later.

You should really try the wind tunnel... A SkyVenture Tunnel, not the tourist trap one in Niagara. They are building one in Oakville right now.

Comment

Well it was a first date with someone I met online.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X