Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-25-2019, 03:02 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Janus, this isnt a case about money per se. mom filed to get dad to pay his portion of expenses he had been paying for six years before he moved in with gf in another town well away from the kids to get them to school on time. Suddenly he stopped paying his share of the medical benefits, therapy for the kids, hockey and rESP. Didnt say I will fight to stop, simply stopped. Then when mom fought for it, he walking in saying “oh by the way, I want full custody”. He barely spent his eow time with the kids and now hes demanding full custody and to remove the kids from their habitual residence they have been in all their lives. Their ocl report, ordered because he wants custody, outlines that he should not get custody and he should attend parenting classes, therapy, therapy with the kids and not see his kids when his gfs kids are with them.

Yes mom2two is pissed about the money and I would be too. Not only is she having to shoulder all the financial burden but she is also spending thousands to fight a guy who wanted nothing to do with his kids until he got a gf.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:31 PM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

None of the issues you have mentioned above are joint custody issues. MAYBE the orthotic issue- but not really. They are all issues that you are going to face whether you have joint or solo.

Examples of Joint Custody Issues:

-Should Child go to private school or public school?
- should we treat child’s cancer with herbal teas and voodoo spells or chemotherapy?
- Child is not focusing in school. Should we put child on ridalin, or therapy?

Examples of PARENTING Issues that will occur between high conflict parents that can’t check their egos/don’t have an ironclad Access/parenting/s7 expense order:

- What time should child be picked up for parenting times?
- Who should pay what for extra curricular activities
- Who should pay what for necessary medical expenses

Other points of interest to note:

-His clause on “no motions to change until mediation” is directed at access/parenting etc. It has nothing to do with child support. Your order for child support should already have some sort of wording that provides for updates every single year.

-You keep saying dad doesn’t partake in any of the appointments etc. Which probably means that the joint custody thing will not be as big of a deal as you think it will. Give him joint custody and stop spending your kids college money on pointless bickering.

-Your main concerns seem to be s7’s. Get a FRO enforceable s7 order and stop dragging this out.

Last edited by Selfrepmom; 05-25-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:35 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfrepmom View Post
None of the issues you have mentioned above are joint custody issues. MAYBE the orthotic issue- but not really. They are all issues that you are going to face whether you have joint or solo.

Examples of Joint Custody Issues:

-Should Child go to private school or public school?

- should we treat child’s cancer with herbal teas and voodoo spells or chemotherapy?

- Child is not focusing in school. Should we put child on ridalin, or therapy?

Examples of PARENTING Issues that will occur between high conflict parents that can’t check their egos/don’t have an ironclad Access/parenting/s7 expense order:

- What time should child be picked up for parenting times?

- Who should pay what for extra curricular activities

- Who should pay what for necessary medical expenses

Other points of interest to note:

-His clause on “no motions to change until mediation” is directed at access/parenting etc. It has nothing to do with child support. Your order for child support should already have some sort of wording that provides for updates every single year.

-You keep saying dad doesn’t partake in any of the appointments etc. Which probably means that the joint custody thing will not be as big of a deal as you think it will. Give him joint custody and stop spending your kids college money on pointless bickering.

-Your main concerns seem to be s7’s. Get a FRO enforceable s7 order and stop dragging this out.

Thanks. Wish it were that easy. It is not. And we will have the issue about child having trouble in school. I can’t agree to $500 therapy a year when our youngest has been having issues at school and possibly could get a diagnosis.

He wants to pay 0 arrears for the last year. When there is an agreement in place.

Anyways I get what your saying. And it makes sense about the joint. Accept they will not see it or think it the way you put it About joint. They will demand every small task or issue go through them.

There have been several other issues that would take forever to type out. Thanks for the opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2019, 03:36 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Janus, this isnt a case about money per se. mom filed to get dad to pay his portion of expenses he had been paying for six years before he moved in with gf in another town well away from the kids to get them to school on time. Suddenly he stopped paying his share of the medical benefits, therapy for the kids, hockey and rESP. Didnt say I will fight to stop, simply stopped. Then when mom fought for it, he walking in saying “oh by the way, I want full custody”. He barely spent his eow time with the kids and now hes demanding full custody and to remove the kids from their habitual residence they have been in all their lives. Their ocl report, ordered because he wants custody, outlines that he should not get custody and he should attend parenting classes, therapy, therapy with the kids and not see his kids when his gfs kids are with them.

Yes mom2two is pissed about the money and I would be too. Not only is she having to shoulder all the financial burden but she is also spending thousands to fight a guy who wanted nothing to do with his kids until he got a gf.

Thanks Rocks!! No one else seems to understand or get it. That’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk