Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-28-2019, 07:01 AM
otttawa_dad otttawa_dad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 107
otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road
Default

You mentioned a motion, are you the moving party?

Is the motion to change support or custody?

Is FRO involved?

S.7 expense have to be agreed upon and reasonable. Hockey falls in this clause.

Its possible that he cant afford it. Maybe suggest an alternative agreement, so that your kids can still play.

Ie: I pay 2/3rds you pay the difference for the registration, make sure you state this is to assist him and ensure kids keep playing.

Kill them with kindness!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-28-2019, 07:18 AM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,545
rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otttawa_dad View Post
You mentioned a motion, are you the moving party?

Is the motion to change support or custody?

Is FRO involved?

S.7 expense have to be agreed upon and reasonable. Hockey falls in this clause.

Its possible that he cant afford it. Maybe suggest an alternative agreement, so that your kids can still play.

Ie: I pay 2/3rds you pay the difference for the registration, make sure you state this is to assist him and ensure kids keep playing.

Kill them with kindness!!!


He stopped paying. She filed a motion for payment. He countered with a request for custody. Its now delayed for OCL report. Meanwhile her bills continue to pile up.

Mom2Two, keep sending to him. He can share with his lawyer. He doesnít get to dictate how you engage your lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-28-2019, 08:18 AM
otttawa_dad otttawa_dad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 107
otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road
Default

Spreadsheets are a useful tool to tabulate, use Google Sheets, share it with him with read only permission. Keep it updated up to motion day (prior) print receipts and spreadsheets and use as exhibit. Will make motion judge job easier to create/endorse the order; won't have to crunch a bunch of numbers.

I would create a sheet for daycare.

Column 1: total monthly cost
Column 2: your share of total monthly cost
Column 3: ex share of total monthly cost
Column 4: cumulative total

2nd sheet would be for extra curricular activities. SAME FORMAT

Just be ready to explain it....

I have one...I'll try and post pic later.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Mom 2 Two Mom 2 Two is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 474
Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otttawa_dad View Post
Spreadsheets are a useful tool to tabulate, use Google Sheets, share it with him with read only permission. Keep it updated up to motion day (prior) print receipts and spreadsheets and use as exhibit. Will make motion judge job easier to create/endorse the order; won't have to crunch a bunch of numbers.

I would create a sheet for daycare.

Column 1: total monthly cost
Column 2: your share of total monthly cost
Column 3: ex share of total monthly cost
Column 4: cumulative total

2nd sheet would be for extra curricular activities. SAME FORMAT

Just be ready to explain it....

I have one...I'll try and post pic later.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk


Thanks Ottawa_dad!! I have it all on spreadsheets but not the easiest to understand. We have a settlement conference coming up. I have only ever asked for half of the hockey even though he agreed to in proportion to his income. We have always split any costs equally. That all I am asking for in my motion. Shared costs. Dad can afford it. His employment has not changed. The only change is he moved 45 mins away to a much bigger more expensive home to accommodate his gf and her three children. So not sure how now he can say itís above his means?? Donít his own kids still come first??

He paid willingly and took them to hockey on his weekends for past three years. Thatís all our kids play. Itís house league . The cost is more than reasonable. He has left me with everything for over a year now. Thankfully agreement was worded well enough for Fro to collect child support. Which I only had to use once he moved away. Thanks for the tips.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-28-2019, 09:42 AM
otttawa_dad otttawa_dad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 107
otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road
Default

Here's a quick example of what i'm talking about...I just recently went to trial and had several spreadsheets detailing several outstanding financial issues... The judge loved my attention to detail and how I presented it. Takes a lot of guess work out of the equation, and eliminates the need for a Judge to do math, which in return allows "him/her" to focus on the real problems.




Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-28-2019, 09:50 AM
Mom 2 Two Mom 2 Two is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 474
Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks!! How do I open that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-28-2019, 09:54 AM
otttawa_dad otttawa_dad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 107
otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road
Default

You can't open it, I simply uploaded a picture.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
Thanks!! How do I open that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-28-2019, 10:34 AM
otttawa_dad otttawa_dad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 107
otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road
Default

Here's the spreadsheet...


NOTE I HAD TO CHANGE TO FILE_EXTENSIONS TO .TXT for it to upload. DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT AND CHANGE THE .TXT back to .XLXS and you'll be able to open with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets


If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Example_Spreadsheet.txt (9.5 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I ensure that opposing counsels are not colluding ? plainNamedDad44 Divorce & Family Law 12 10-22-2018 12:09 AM
RTA ignored by Opposing Counsel. WTF?? plainNamedDad44 Divorce & Family Law 3 09-25-2018 11:53 AM
how do you serve pictures (evidence) on opposing counsel ? plainNamedDad44 Divorce & Family Law 3 09-16-2018 09:52 PM
Opposing counsel does not respond organizer Divorce & Family Law 3 05-10-2010 08:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.