Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:50 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road
Default OCL Delays

Has anyone experienced one party stalling or trying to sabotage the ocl? I just got word that ex isnít signing the consents for police check or CAS... ocl worker had emailed and he isnít returning the emails or signed consents. Itís been over 3 weeks and they canít seem to make contact with my ex. Ocl also had to ask me his Lawyers name because the Name he provided wasnít a name of any lawyer. Will ocl still continue An do a report based off of what portion has been completed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2018, 08:58 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Your ex is truly spectacular at digging his hole. Stop worrying about this. The report will more than likely outline how he delayed, refused to cooperate and provided incorrect information.

Add this to your ignore pile. He and his partner are only shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:35 AM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

They will likely close file due to non cooperation.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:36 AM

I just hope she will do a report and not close the file. As this would be the second time the ex has messed up the ocl with citing a false conflict the first time. Which this new ocl is aware of.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:20 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

These are all common stalling tactics. Forces you to have to get an order for the other parent to comply. Engaging the OCL adds easily 1 year now to any matter and a HUGE pile of legal fees.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
These are all common stalling tactics. Forces you to have to get an order for the other parent to comply. Engaging the OCL adds easily 1 year now to any matter and a HUGE pile of legal fees.

Well I wonít be doing an order for my ex to comply. He is the one who requested the OCL, not me. If I had a decent lawyer at the time I would have known I didnít have to agree. She turned to me in that moment it was requested and said ďthis is a good thing say yesĒ. This is the second ocl he has messed around with so maybe she will put all this in the report as it all only supports my claims.