This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me

In 2007 I won a lawsuit and was going to move in with my Pregnate GF so I was working nights and sleeping days so we found a minihome and decided on buying it. It was $38500.00 so on Oct 16 i transfered over from my account to her account $44500.00 to arrange the purchase on Nov 1 , I asked her if I needed to be there to sign anything she said she would arrange it all..2 months later I got the deed and my name was not there at all so i freaked ...1 month later I called police and opened a file for fraud..after investigating i was told it was a civil matter a couple months later we went to marriage counseling to resolve she agreed to put my name on it ...she did not I have all theses documents to prove we did all this etc..its now been 2 and a half years and she moved out with my friend of 20 years and is trying to take half the home even though its under her name only I had no money to get a lawyer the whole time and have NOW got an attorny for child custody and this civil matter..she told her attorny that the money given to her was a gift to do with as she pleases I only make 23.000 a year...I have been fighting with her for 2 years to get my name on there and remove hers..whats going to happen???
    Last edited by helpme; 07-19-2010, 09:48 AM. Reason: mistake,, I also live in New Brunswick canada

somebody give me an opinion

In 2007 I won a lawsuit and was going to move in with my Pregnate GF so I was working nights and sleeping days so we found a minihome and decided on buying it. It was $38500.00 so on Oct 16 i transfered over from my account to her account $44500.00 to arrange the purchase on Nov 1 , I asked her if I needed to be there to sign anything she said she would arrange it all..2 months later I got the deed and my name was not there at all so i freaked ...1 month later I called police and opened a file for fraud..after investigating i was told it was a civil matter a couple months later we went to marriage counseling to resolve she agreed to put my name on it ...she did not I have all theses documents to prove we did all this etc..its now been 2 and a half years and she moved out with my friend of 20 years and is trying to take half the home even though its under her name only I had no money to get a lawyer the whole time and have NOW got an attorny for child custody and this civil matter..she told her attorny that the money given to her was a gift to do with as she pleases I only make 23.000 a year...I have been fighting with her for 2 years to get my name on there and remove hers..whats going to happen???

Comment

You are probably not going to get much help here as the issue appears to require a lawyer.

She may be entitled to 1/2 growth in value of the house as it was the matrimonial home. But that would only be growth, and minihomes don't generally appreciate.

Get a lawyer or go to your local court house and see if you can speak to duty counsel. Also see if you qualify for legal aid.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X