Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of the wedding dress and other paraphernalia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of the wedding dress and other paraphernalia...

Just read this on the news. Seems like a great idea.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/te...-15-miles-away

lol. that seems like too much work...every time I want to tear or destroy something representing our wedding- I think "do I have time and/ or effort to put into this?"

The answer is always no.

Comment

I like my dress and still have it. I don’t know what I will do with it

Comment

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
        I like my dress and still have it. I don’t know what I will do with it
        There are lots of ideas out there you can save it for the kids, if you really want to keep it in the family.

There is also an organization that takes wedding dresses to make burial gowns for stillborn or young babies that pass. If i had a wedding dress, this is 100% where I would donate it to as it's a topic that is very meaningful for me. I never had a wedding dress, though.

On the humorous side, there is a guy that had a whole blog called "my ex wife's wedding dress" that was incredibly funny.

Comment

Neighbors had a Halloween party one year. I eagerly donated my wedding dress as well as my now-deceased sister's dress. I have photographs of dresses as costumes for "The Bride of Frankenstein." It was quite funny. Although, I have to admit I did give pause to what my mother would have thought about these beautiful dresses being ripped up and dredged with fake blood.

I'm happy today that I don't still have those dresses hanging in a closet somewhere.

Comment

Thanks youngdad91.

Not sure about your comment "... sets a great example for the kids" as, in my situation, no children were present at the Halloween party (mature adults with grown children attended). But wait.... was this your attempt at taking a jab at me?

Party was successful and my friends have continued the tradition annually.

Now I'm trying to think of creative ways to off-load all of my mother & grandmother's silverware.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Now I'm trying to think of creative ways to off-load all of my mother & grandmother's silverware.
              Can u get back to me on that? My Mom cant decide who will get the Christmas Dishes and her beloved Nutcracker collections. None of us want it, but cant bear to hurt her feelings. In private we threaten each other whose going to get it

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
                Can u get back to me on that? My Mom cant decide who will get the Christmas Dishes and her beloved Nutcracker collections. None of us want it, but cant bear to hurt her feelings. In private we threaten each other whose going to get it
                Um...i love nutcrackers. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                  Um...i love nutcrackers. Just sayin.
                  You just like breaking balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                    You just like breaking balls.
                    Shit, you're on to me

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X