This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success!

After two bouts of litigation in two different jurasdictions, this time around my esteemed ex-wife settled the day trial was to commence.

I was successfuly able to wrangle a paralell parenting arrangement out of her - with final say on specific subjects laying with me, and others laying with her.

This has been my goal the entire time - to have a legitmate voice on matters of our mutual sons upbringing, and not be regulated to the sidelines as a mere observer to his life.

I want to thank each and every one of you who helped me both emotionally and technically with the ins/outs of the legal process.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say that with perserverence and dedication it IS possible to reach a tenable agreement on the issues. Don't give up on the fight, or your children.
    Last edited by wretchedotis; 06-26-2012, 10:21 AM.

This is fantastic news!!! Very happy for you and your children, hopefully things moving forward will be a little easier!

Comment

Bravo!!!!

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats!! Hope you are feeling less wretched!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
          After two bouts of litigation in two different jurasdictions, this time around my esteemed ex-wife settled the day trial was to commence.

I was successfuly able to wrangle a paralell parenting arrangement out of her - with final say on specific subjects laying with me, and others laying with her.

This has been my goal the entire time - to have a legitmate voice on matters of our mutual sons upbringing, and not be regulated to the sidelines as a mere observer to his life.

I want to thank each and every one of you who helped me both emotionally and technically with the ins/outs of the legal process.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say that with perserverence and dedication it IS possible to reach a tenable agreement on the issues. Don't give up on the fight, or your children.
          Congrats!!!
          did you get to use what you asked me to send you recently?

Comment

Congratulations! Wonderful news

Comment

Well done. Excellent news! Happy for you and your son and very glad your ex saw sense, even if it was at the last minute. I hope things just keep looking up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post

We can now add WO to the list of parents who have benefited from doing the right thing, understanding case law, understanding the "best interests" of children and doing what is right.

Congratulations. Hopefully the existing case law constantly shared by others on this site regarding Parallel Parenting, what defines Parallel Parenting and when it should be implemented was helpful.

Hopefully the agreement reached is marked *final* so it takes a material change in circumstance to reopen litigation.

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

@WD...
                  your help was invaluable. tyvm

Comment

Congrats. The fight is exhausting. I do believe the "other side" hopes that we will just give up. But good for you for persisting in your child's interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                      Congrats!! Hope you are feeling less wretched!!!

a little less wretched - but the whole experience has sucked, and I'm not naive enough to believe that this will be the last time we go to court. Seems she thrives on conflict - even now some 5 years later...

Comment

I'm going on 4 years "in" - Pretty sure I haven't seen the last of Court. I now believe the ex just really misses me lol and doesn't realize it so he keeps me engaged, knowing that he can/will only ever see me in a Court of one kind or another. It really is brutal, going thru shit like this. For now, bask in your huge leap "ahead" and know that you had and have a lot of guts to stay on course. I hate court issues, but my ex leaves me no choice. I never did have a "custody/access" issue. To that, I can't relate. It has got to be excruciating!

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                          I'm going on 4 years "in" - Pretty sure I haven't seen the last of Court. I now believe the ex just really misses me lol and doesn't realize it so he keeps me engaged, knowing that he can/will only ever see me in a Court of one kind or another. It really is brutal, going thru shit like this. For now, bask in your huge leap "ahead" and know that you had and have a lot of guts to stay on course. I hate court issues, but my ex leaves me no choice. I never did have a "custody/access" issue. To that, I can't relate. It has got to be excruciating!
                          Funny you say 'ex just really misses me'.
                          We had opportunity to sit together and speak during breaks for lunch and whatnot.
                          We really don't talk at all anymore - as her (not so new anymore) husband takes real issue with us being alone together. But the first question she asked me was (relating to a brief period of time after we broke up) "why did you stop calling me? It was like you suddenly flipped a swirch and started ignoring me".

To which I answered "I tried very hard for a very long time to 'talk' about everything with you. We watched a movie at your new apartment one night, and it got late so you suggested I should go home and that she would invite me back to watch the rest of it soon".

Well, I waitied for that invitation - and it never came. So I stopped calling.

But to me (tell me if I'm wrong) she wanted my affection - and when it stopped she was upset about it. Oh well, don't leave the man you love is my response.

Nevermind - yes I still have issues about it all...LOL

Comment

Good for you and hope you don't have more litigation ahead. Wishing you peace, happiness and good times with the family.

Comment

WO: *sigh* Hard to say... Maybe some things left unsaid. Ha, new (or not so new husband) not very secure, is he?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X