Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 AM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road
Default Going back on agreement

Hi all,

At the end of March we had a case conference. My ex was the applicant and brought forward a number of issues around custody, support, and property. Before the appearance he and my lawyer worked out the custody and support issues. When we appeared before the judge, we also managed to work out the property issues.

Not surprisingly, after my lawyer sent him the offer to settle based on the judges recommendations and his agreement in court, he has now decided that he won't accept any of it (except custody) and is going to go for even more.

What I am wondering is - will the fact that he already agreed to settle the issues in front of the judge work against him?

Also, should we push for a settlement conference or wait for him to do so? I really want this over.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Ouch. Not a smart move on his part. He agreed to it in front of the judge and then reneged. Not cool.

Give him 10 days to settle based on the items he agreed to. Otherwise, haul him back to court and ask for costs.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:45 PM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBDad View Post
Ouch. Not a smart move on his part. He agreed to it in front of the judge and then reneged. Not cool.

Give him 10 days to settle based on the items he agreed to. Otherwise, haul him back to court and ask for costs.
The settlement letter my lawyer sent gave him 10 or 15 days and told him he'd be responsible for 75% of future court costs. He's ignoring it.
Closed Thread