This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role of Mediator

I have been seeing a mediator since the last court date when I took my ex in for an interim hearing becuase she is not allowing me to see my son.

The mediator was court appointed and she is very good. She is totally on my side with regard to how I think things need to be done. She agrees with my plans for access and she is trying to get ex to comply.

We have another case conference on Dec 6th and she will be there. How much leverage does her say have in the matter? If ex doesn't comply with her suggestions, how will this work to my advantage? Or, is there any real leverage to having the mediator on my side? For the record, Mediator is also a child councellor.

serrona,

as you mentioned,

She is totally on my side with regard to how I think things need to be done. She agrees with my plans for access and she is trying to get ex to comply.
    A mediator has to be on the side of the child first and foremost. The mediator must see your stance child centered and child focused and in the best interest of your child.

How much leverage does her say have in the matter?
    If it was open mediation, then the mediator is to file a report with the court and the results of mediation.

If ex doesn't comply with her suggestions, how will this work to my advantage?
    The court may question or want to know what reasons the other party has to support their stance.

As a result of the mediation, the court may subsequently request office of the children's lawyer involvement in the matter to complete a parental assessment on each party and to interview collateral witness's in regards to same.

Or, is there any real leverage to having the mediator on my side? For the record, Mediator is also a child councellor.
    To a be a good mediator and if the issues involve children, the respective mediator always has to apply the best interest of the child principals. It may appear that they are on your side, but in essence they have to remain on the side of the child first and foremost and have endorsed your submissions to be most likely to be in the best interest of the child and superior to that of the other party.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X