2015 Annual Denial of Christmas/Holiday Access Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Annual Denial of Christmas/Holiday Access Thread

Just gonna go ahead and open this thread ahead of time so all the related posts can go here, because we know there unfortunately will be those jackholes who choose to do this to their children over the holidays.

Please feel free to post your thoughts, opinions and advice pre-emptively on how to deal with denial of access over the holidays for those who are or will be experiencing this unfortunate situation.

Also... Blink just wanted to say "jackholes".

Comment

Tis true. Very, very true.

Comment

lol You guys are hilarious

Well .. guess I'll start. This will be my second year in a row being denied X-mas morning. I was also denied an equal division of x-mas holidays. Also, my ex demanded a 12 day gap where D4 will not see me. D4 once again asked if she could call/skype me. Ex is still denying her that privilege also.

Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

I could be wrong, but I thought that you have every Wed in addition to an ever second extended weekend. Unless she is taking a Wed, I don't see a 12 day gap.

Comment

The holiday schedule over rides the regular schedule.

Comment

I don't think they have a holiday schedule though. What happens in that case?

Comment

Originally posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
                I don't think they have a holiday schedule though. What happens in that case?
                You follow the regular schedule as agreed upon or ordered.

Comment

We each made a proposal. Mine we got equal. Her's was unequal with a 12 day gap.

X-mas schedule overrides the Wednesdays. I have a Legal Aid Mediation followed by a last minute SC ...then trial very soon .. so I don't want to argue with her "my way or the highway approach" she so loves.

As I see it she can have these little victories of minimizing my role, parenting time, etc and we'll let the judges decide who was more reasonable from a holistic standpoint and frame their decisions/final orders based on everything.

Comment

You don't have a Christmas schedule do you? So you stick to what's in the order. Don't you just take your usual days?

Comment

I did say that earlier post. No agreement in place so you just take your regular schedule. What is,that now? Every other weekend, Wed and a supper on Friday?

Comment

I tried that route Beach. Ex would have none of it.

So I had to make a decision. A series of back-and-forth disagreements ...right before trial ... or take my lumps, document and bring to court where something can actually be done about it. I chose the latter.
                        I can't wait until a final order is laid out. The judge will easily see that sole or joint is possible with my flexibility, being reasonable, and willingness to involve ex in D4's life. If I get into an email battle, she calls police, etc... then "both" of us are being .. Ummm. .. jack holes. Lol....I'm comfortable heading into trial with just her being one.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                          I tried that route Beach. Ex would have none of it.

So I had to make a decision. A series of back-and-forth disagreements ...right before trial ... or take my lumps, document and bring to court where something can actually be done about it. I chose the latter.
                          I can't wait until a final order is laid out. The judge will easily see that sole or joint is possible with my flexibility, being reasonable, and willingness to involve ex in D4's life. If I get into an email battle, she calls police, etc... then "both" of us are being .. Ummm. .. jack holes. Lol....I'm comfortable heading into trial with just her being one.
                          very good. Best not to get drawn into a battle with her. You already know that she will never be reasonable to you so best to let the court decide what goes on in the future.

Comment

I'm on day 2 of what feels like my longest period without the kids ever. I was really surprised when my ex wanted them three nights in a row. I get them back Christmas Eve.

I've been kid-free Christmas shopping like crazy, at last, and trying not to think of the fact that they'll be seeing Star Wars with him. I tried to take them this past weekend and they told me no, he already said he was taking them! It's so not fair. It's not like he didn't go see it already on opening night. So I'm supposed to go alone??

Comment

I'll go with you Rioe.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X