Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start? Lies, Secrets, Control, Procrastination, and of course Abuse

I have been separated from my husband of 31 years for 5 months, and have filed for divorce. He was physically taken from our house in May and charged with 3 counts of assault against me: simple assault, sexual assault and assault with a weapon. There was a no contact order put in place. There are so many issues I don't even know where to start. He has failed to fully disclose his financial assets. I have found out that he has withdrawn a large sum of money last year in a corporation that we are equal shareholders/directors of. He is using our 17 yr. old son (who lives with me) for information. There has been questional malfunctions at our farm coinciding after my son & I both working the evening before. He is stalling the divorce and telling friends and family that we will be together again within months. He managed to get his crimimal charges delayed for 4 months so that his lawyer got a judge to give him an 18 month conditional discharge for pleading guilty to assault with a weapon. He now has way more freedoms within the no contact order. My lawyer and I have tried to circumvent his non-disclosure by what I know, and have prepared a Proposed Settlement, but after a month, we have recieved no feedback from him. I have heard from family and others that he is saying that we will be back together.
    Any ideas or info would be welcome.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X