General question false statements in affidavit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General question false statements in affidavit

I am in the process of divorce. One family friend made false statements in an affidavit and now she is calling my parents back home affecting them emotionally through false accusations telling that I have poor moral integrity and that I am basically acting like a...... What can I do to stop all these? It's affecting my parents health tremendously

Tell your parents not to talk to this person if it upsets them.

Comment

It’s the same for my parents and extended family. My ex is stating that they are all a safety risk to him because he feels intimidated by them... even though they have never touched him or spoken to him in such a way for him to feel this way. It’s all to get people upset. My mom took great offence to my ex’s accusations. It’s hard but try to tell your parents to let it roll off. Especially if there is no proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there any legal steps that I can take here? I don't consider it normal at all what that person is doing.

Comment

I’m not sure. Do you have proof their statement is false? Is it worth the money and time to disprove their statement ?? Ask your lawyer what can be done. It would depend on how bad the statement is I guess.

Comment

She stated that my STBX was spending the time with the kids, taking them for walks, outdoor activities, because I worked long hours. Which is totally not true, ven she took them for walks because he was drunk or sleeping in the house and at that time I was going on walks with the kids and she would join to walk her dog. She would even have drinks with him. Only two days I am working long hours.

Comment

It’s all he said/she said sadly. My ex accused me and stated in affidavits very big lies... nothing you can do about it except answer back in your own affidavit stating your side is the story.

Comment

Tell your parents not to answer the phone. Or tell that person to fuck off.

If it is an affidavit from someone other than your ex it wont matter. If its your ex, ignore it. Everything is based on fact. If your children are young you may be subject to OCL (if in Ontario) which will include observation.

As for you, start developing a thicker skin. This will get ugly before it gets better. If they know it bugs you then they will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by lorely View Post
                  she is calling my parents back home affecting them emotionally through false accusations telling that I have poor moral integrity and that I am basically acting like a......
                  like a what?

The suspense! I cannot handle it! Wait, maybe you are playing that game where instead of writing a bad word each dot represents a letter. Is that the game? So, 6 dots...

Asshole? 7 letters
                  Bitch? 5 letters
                  Fuckface? 8 letters
                  Motherfucker? 12 letters
                  Dick? 4 letters
                  Dirtbag? 7 letters
                  Donkey-raping-shit-eater? errr... way above 6

I give up.

Oh... and related to your actual question, why on earth do you actually care? Do you have poor moral integrity? Do your parents think that you have poor moral integrity? If my ex got somebody to call my parents saying that I was a terrible person it would just make for a great holiday tale that we would all find quite amusing.

Comment

Janis, my parents are sick and old, this is why it matters. They dont need the stress.
                    I asked them not to answer to private number calls.
                    The kids are not that young, they are 11 and 9.
                    Hopefully will get better.

Comment

If your parents are not in the position to ignore these calls- then this IS on you.

Can you change their number? Have your lawyer write a polite but strongly worded letter to the party contacting your parents saying "cut it out- or we're going to the police for harassment".

What do your parents know of the situation? what have you talked to them about?

I feel your pain- I brought the entirety of my shitty and dangerous situation with my ex to my parents home. They've had to deal with safety plans, criminal proceedings, etc etc...I talk to them about it though and you know, apologize profusely- and let them vent. A lot of time- people who are on the perimeter of a high conflict divorce- they get hit by the shrapnel. They're pissed about being put in the situation- and they need an outlet to vent. It's a lot that we ask of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                        If your parents are not in the position to ignore these calls- then this IS on you.

Can you change their number? Have your lawyer write a polite but strongly worded letter to the party contacting your parents saying "cut it out- or we're going to the police for harassment".

What do your parents know of the situation? what have you talked to them about?

I feel your pain- I brought the entirety of my shitty and dangerous situation with my ex to my parents home. They've had to deal with safety plans, criminal proceedings, etc etc...I talk to them about it though and you know, apologize profusely- and let them vent. A lot of time- people who are on the perimeter of a high conflict divorce- they get hit by the shrapnel. They're pissed about being put in the situation- and they need an outlet to vent. It's a lot that we ask of these people.
                        I respectfully disagree. Her parents are in the position to ignore the calls. Once the person starts talking crap they can hang up. One has to wonder why they would listen to what this person has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                          I respectfully disagree. Her parents are in the position to ignore the calls. Once the person starts talking crap they can hang up. One has to wonder why they would listen to what this person has to say.
                          Well. As she mentioned- her parents are older. And as I said- when you bring a bag of poop to your family's steps because of a high-conflict divorce...I do think you have a responsibility to deal with some of the fall out.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X