This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property title search

Can anyone suggest where to go to find more information about searching a residential property to get information about the ownership? I have been told it's public information, but where do you go, can you do it online? How much?
    Last edited by tugofwar; 03-01-2012, 01:05 AM.

In my province, it is a government registry office. Need the legal address which is often on tax documents. I am in Alberta not Ontario though.

Comment

Land Registry Office Locations - Ontario.ca

This should help, and I think it's about $10

If you have a lawyer they have information they subscribe to online. They'll charge you about $50 to get electronically registered information. Original signed documents will be at the lawyers' office where the transaction was signed.
      Last edited by limer; 03-01-2012, 10:12 AM. Reason: Lawyer Note

Comment

I've also heard it's $10 and you might want to try Service Ontario online. Otherwise, the Land Registry office. Alternatively, lawyers charge about $75 to perform the search. I believe there is a difference between a simple "search" and a search of "title and executions."

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
          I've also heard it's $10 and you might want to try Service Ontario online. Otherwise, the Land Registry office. Alternatively, lawyers charge about $75 to perform the search. I believe there is a difference between a simple "search" and a search of "title and executions."
          There are also on-line service providers who will get it for you and send the PDF. Prices are from 30-60.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
            There are also on-line service providers who will get it for you and send the PDF. Prices are from 30-60.
            Do you have the link to the email to go to? Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
              Do you have the link to the email to go to? Thanks everyone for your help!
              For example:

Documental Search House: Title searches in Ontario, Land Registry Search in Ontario, Title reports in Ontario, find land owner in Ontario, online title search Ontario.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X