No announcement yet.

Our Family Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone used the free alternatives ? anyone care to be my pretend "co" parent to try it out?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Very interesting involveddad75. I don't believe I read anyone else having the same experience although I'm sure there are many.

Re-examine your own personal motivations for feeling you need to respond at all. Perhaps some counselling is in order to examine the emotional side of the separation process is in order.
      Me and my ex only communicate when necessary, it's nice. When we do it's about 5 texts total over the course of 2 - 3 days about changes to schedules for birthday parties and such.

The letter I wrote was for a friend, who is having a completely different situation. Which I won't get into.

Comment

The problem I see with people, and family court. Is that most are afraid of going to trial. And really that is where OFW and the others come into play.

You can't submit and cross your ex on the stand in a motion that has to be a long motion or a trial.

But if people are to afraid to take it that far and settle matters before hand then the behaviour continues.

Just my two sense.

When I moved off OFW I did two things.
        Forward text messages.
        1. I use rogers and they have a free service called extreme text messaging which forwards any text to or from you cell phone to an email address. The email comes from rogers not myself, so it's independant. It's free. I do get all text messages forwarded so I have to delete a lot of text messages from other people, but that's easy using the 2nd step below. Plus it's free.

2. I then created two rules in my email account. the first was any email coming from or sent to my ex or any of her email addresses gets moved automatically to a "ex emails" folder. Second any "rogers extreme text" email which contains my ex's cell phone gets automatically moved to "ex's texts" folder.

When I go into my email I don't see anything from her, so I can read my emails without the anxiety of seeing her email there. I can see (beside the folder) that there are unread emails but I can decide when I read them. I do get 40 - 60 rogers text emails a day but they are easy to delete, or I could if I chose to create a rule which deleted those, I chose not to. Takes a whole 30 seconds to delete them.

As for the text messages, rogers communications is sending the emails to me. They are independant and as such there is no mis communication, they can't claim they didn't get it because rogers has confirmed that they sent it. She can only claim that perhaps she deleted it before reading it, which is of course bogus.

Anyhow using these two steps has really reduced communication. And I was recently (dec 2016) able to rely on texts sent 3 1/2 years ago by submitting the rogers email into court, and the judge had absolutely no problem relying on them. Every useful.

If my ex sends me an email she knows I generally won't look at it for a few days, so if it's urgent, it'll send a quick text "btw I sent you an email" to let me know it's urgent.

Thanks Tayken for the web pages. I have passed them on to my friend.

Comment

ID75 main thread that stuff on the Rogers service for people. Also provide the link to the Rogers site so they can review it. Putting some credibility to SMS is a great thing for parents to do.

Comment

Will do.

But here is it for people reading this thread.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wi...setLanguage=en

Not I believe if memory serves, instead of putting in a 10 digit number you can also put in an email address which is what I did.

Comment

There's another program on the Android play store I use called SMS backup. Same idea

Comment

I use an app called email my texts. It send the entire text thread. so everytime he starts up again I can send an updated thread going back 5 years straight to my email account.
                seriously the best $5 i ever spent!

Comment

I've learned over the years to ignore text message and use email. Text message should be for urgent situations, but even then, you should call.

as for email, pointofmail and Mailtrack - two very neat gmail plugins for tracking emails. pointofmail is the best of the two - even gives you IP address and device used.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X