Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure what you are saying Max. Are you saying that the judge favored you or that he was in favor of your girlfriend?

Comment

You wrote

Originally posted by may
      The house was in joint ownership and one party transfered his share of ownership to the other
      Originally posted by may View Post
      It was done because my partner had some "potential" financial problems

Originally posted by may
      What I think is fair is that we both honor what we said we would. 50/50
      What does it matter what the courts think? If you think half of it is his, even though it is all in your name, then there is no court needed. Why are you interested in what the court would say?

Comment

We have our own personal reasons to why we want to know. I don't see why that makes a difference in whether I get an answer or not?
        We would appreciate any feed back as to what we are asking please.

Comment

He said the house belong to me as only my name is on the title, I was also the only one paying the mortgage, taxes and maintenance etc. But to have part of the house or the equity ihas to be proven and this is difficult. For me to defend it it will cost me and it is better to settle for a lesser amount then the full equity on the house.

Comment

Thank you for the information Max, and your quick responses. Yes i can understand in your situation why you are intitled to keep all of your house. I hope your partner has common sence and does not decide to try to fight it.

Comment

Hi Billm,
              I hope my responce to you did not appear rude, that was not my intention. I just like to know all case senarios, (my personality , I guess!) Thank you for any comments or answers you make.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X