This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the advice.

I am really worried about the dog, She is very timid and scared of men and he is not the nicest person to animals. When he had his own house he left the poor thing out in the rain on a weekend with no shelter. At least it was summertime and a neighbour was watching so they called my mom who went to pick the dog up. The dog had no food and no water. He was off drinking all weekend.

I will contact the lawyer and maybe the police to see what they say. If the police back me up on it and say that he has to leave maybe it would be a good idea to have an officer there when I go??

Comment

the police can't evict someone without an eviction notice. Even then they don't want to get involved.

Did you call a community legal clinic? It's FREE!

Comment

That can't be entirely true can it? I mean, if someone is in your house that you own and they have no rights to, don't have any kind of rental agreement or landlord / tenant relationship of any kind, and is not wanted there, the police have to have some kind of control over having the person removed. That's like having a house guest for a few days who just stays and stays and stays even when asked to leave and saying they have a right to be there because there's no eviction notice. Wouldn't the person have to prove they had a right to be there?? That's crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
          That can't be entirely true can it? I mean, if someone is in your house that you own and they have no rights to, don't have any kind of rental agreement or landlord / tenant relationship of any kind, and is not wanted there, the police have to have some kind of control over having the person removed. That's like having a house guest for a few days who just stays and stays and stays even when asked to leave and saying they have a right to be there because there's no eviction notice. Wouldn't the person have to prove they had a right to be there?? That's crazy!
          I know it is nuts, but this guy knows how to use the system to his own advantage. My mom is paying for land lease and all the bills for the place. She has it so he can still use the phone but he cannot make long distance calls. She cut off the internet and has the cable just down to basic (boy he called and bitched about that!!) The last time with the cable it was still in my Dads name (deceased) and the guy impersonated my dad to get more stuff added to the cable. When my mom found out she had the cable company change it to her name and have a password so in order to do anything, a person has to know the password. I just want this to be over.

Comment

It's called trespass. You call the police, you say that a man is trespassing on your property, you have asked him to leave repeatedly, you have told him he is trespassing (this is important, called notice of trespass) and you are afraid to take further action because he might become violent.

If the guy has no legal right to be on the property then he is trespassing. It gets cloudy when he has been a resident, but you have dealt with that with an eviction order. Once the police are there if they balk due to the guy claiming he lives there or whatever, you show them the eviction order. If they still balk, get their badge numbers.

Trespass to Property Act

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
              It's called trespass. You call the police, you say that a man is trespassing on your property, you have asked him to leave repeatedly, you have told him he is trespassing (this is important, called notice of trespass) and you are afraid to take further action because he might become violent.

If the guy has no legal right to be on the property then he is trespassing. It gets cloudy when he has been a resident, but you have dealt with that with an eviction order. Once the police are there if they balk due to the guy claiming he lives there or whatever, you show them the eviction order. If they still balk, get their badge numbers.

Trespass to Property Act
              ty ty ty Nice to figure out where I stand and how to go about it.!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X