Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:12 PM

Marija is on a distinguished road

You tend to blame him for the pregnancy, but as an adult you made the decision to get pregnant and you are responsible for the effect that has on your life and education, not him.

- I know that's true, but thinks with him are more complicated. I took the pills at the beginning but he persuaded me that he can not have children. he is 35, lived together wit woman 12 years, and they had no children together. That why he was telling how much he wants a child - like it would give him new sense of living. But when i got pregnant - drugs. I don't blame anyone. I am just frustrated myself.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:19 PM

I had no income before, i had savings. As i wrote i don't have yet work permit here.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:20 PM

posted already
Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Your child-to-be has a right to have 2 involved parents. So, ideally you would 'share' your child 50/50 between the 2 of you - perhaps rotating time weekly, or every 3 days, and decide together on major issues like education, religion, possible medical/dental treatments. Of possibly the father will not be interested, and will refuse to take on role as father (it's sad, but that's his perogative). Or maybe something in between.

I'll second billm's comments about your responsibilities. It may seem impossible now, but you WILL manage. There's LOTS of help out there, so get cracking.

Why the heck are you asking for a drug test now??? I can see maybe after the child is born, if he is still abusing and possibly dangerous to the child.

Last edited by dinkyface; 03-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:38 PM

littleman is on a distinguished road

Im sorry but this story sounds extremely ficticious.......and being living together for 3 months you are NOT common law.....Im sorry to sound rude or too blunt but I think this was a set up by you to try to keep him.....also sounds like you are looking for a free ride......if you cannot afford to have the child then you should give it up to someone who would love to have a child and CAN afford it........Im sorry to everyone but I have always been a firm believer in speaking your mind and being a single mom this type of thing makes the stereotype even worse.......
Old 03-22-2010, 01:39 PM

For test i was asking because he asks me come back in two weeks (like he says he need time). I think he is going to take drugs that two weeks. That's why i asked. I just simply don't know what to do. How should i fight against drugs.

Are you sure it is possible for me to keep baby in my situation? I really can get some help from somewhere? I can not get child support before child will be born?

I have no money even for lawyer now.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM

littleman is on a distinguished road

best advice is to leave him alone.....like you said two adults amking decision and this is his decision to take drugs.....not sure how true that is
as per your statement can you get support before then????? you are kidding me right?????? This is definitely set up for support only after that statement......when is your study visa up? when do you have to go home.....
Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 PM

I know how does it look like. I really don't want to look for excuses for myself, but every word i wrote is true, and there is a proves for every single word, if i will have to go to the court i know that i have nothing to be afraid of - the story is exactly the way i am telling. I never believed that it is possible to keep the man by borning him a child, i am not so naive.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM

I don't have to go home, i am getting my document by my college.

http://www.canadianimmigrationexperts.ca/categories.php?pid=2
Immigrate to Canada: Skilled Workers and Professionals.

The Skilled Worker applicant category allows individuals to be selected for permanent residency upon the merit of their ability to become economically independent or established in Canada.

In order to be eligible for this category, you must fit one of the following three criterion:
  • have an offer of arranged employment in Canada, or
  • have been living in Canada legally for at least one year as either a temporary foreign worker or international student, or

what statement do u mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
best advice is to leave him alone.....like you said two adults amking decision and this is his decision to take drugs.....not sure how true that is
as per your statement can you get support before then????? you are kidding me right?????? This is definitely set up for support only after that statement......when is your study visa up? when do you have to go home.....
Old 03-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Besides if i would really want to keep him i would not leave him. I guess i wouldn't be care takes he drugs or not, if i would simply looking for free ride. I loved him he was part of my family. Besides, i bought myself the tickets for us, spent 2000, we were going to the trip, and he does not gives me the money back now even for his ticket. I left him because now i am scared that now he can be dangerous for me and baby. I have police protocol as i wrote about what happened, he admitted them that takes drugs.
Closed Thread