This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just starting the seperation

just starting the seperation, I move my son and myself and his animals in one month. My laywer after 3 visits has not been very helpful with whats next, what to expect, etc. So a little lost and confused... My soon to be x states that he was taking a week off from work to get his finances in order, but still has not provided anything.. I used my RRSP's to buy a house for my son and I. Really confused, I have been reading about Court, I guess we will have our day in Court to? I have asked for an intern for child support and spousal support. Leaving because with me he has an anger management issues, and a drinking issue, which has affected our relationship (non existent) etc. He show jealousy of our son all the time. does anyone know what the steps are in short form. thanks in advance.

I believe it is about 4% of cases end up at trial. There is no reason to expect you will "have your day in court".

Your lawyer and his lawyer will dick around as long as possible sending letters to each other. Partly this is necessary, you need to send at least a few letters but it is about $100 a letter by the time you pay your lawyer to dictate it, read it over later, sign it and then courier it. You should absolutely put your foot down and control what is happening with your file.

As far as his financials, I will tell you that I personally busted my ass to get my financials done and it still took me weeks to do 90% of it and then weeks more to wait for the banks and insurance companies to send me statements. Don't sweat it if he is taking a while.

Don't worry about why you separated, it won't matter. You probably need to get a lot of your chest, but it doesn't matter who did what, divorce is about lists and math.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so very much for your reply. We moved to his home town and left all my family and friends behind a few years ago and between working full time, house, animals, etc. and his schedule I don't get out much, so it was nice to hear from somone and to read these posts, it doesn't feel like I am alone. Have a great day! :-)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X