Court order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court order

Wish I could say my separation is final but unfortunately after 14 years it’s stull the same. My ex is never happy enough with a settlement. Always asking for more. We had agreed through mediation back in 2016, then she took the draft to her lawyer and she changed it all. Basically asking for a case conference. They doubled what we had agreed on and are asking for 5 additional court orders for me to produce several things including the deposition of my dad estate
    My question is. 10 years ago her old lawyer placed a court order for cross examination against me, this has never happened. If this court order wasn’t there my understanding is the court would have closed the file. How do I get this court order removed? And would my ex need to be notified?

If they filed a new motion they can ask for it but inheritance outside of the marriage is not applicable.

Comment

Can I file a motion to have this order dismissed under the grounds that it has be over 10 years and they haven’t done it.

Comment

Did they serve you with something?

Comment

No this was a court order from 2006. They still haven’t served me anything yet. Might be coming

Comment

Then the order is more than likely considered stale dated and no longer in force. Your ex can send you whatever threatening things she wants. Until she files a motion to change the agreement you both signed, they are just threats.

Comment

I called the courts they said it’s still in force. I think the only way to get it dismissed is by me filing a motion. If that court order wasn’t there the would have closed the case along time ago.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X