Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brings tears to my eyes...Casey raised that bear from the time he was was 2 weeks old. They are inseparable. Brutus (the bear) was even best man at Casey's wedding!

Comment

@Rioe: the 'great sex' option on this poll did initially catch my eye and I realized it was a boo-boo

Definitely not missing 'great sex' where the ex is concerned lol. I can honestly say that I don't "miss" ONE thing at all. Not one.

I don't spend too much time on this, but I occasionally wonder how on earth is he managing to behave normally (with his wife) and not reveal his twisted true colors? Then again, I'm sure she's had a sampling but now she's trapped like I was. Hard to speculate as I am not involved in their lives. But I know him all too well and there is no way that he is 'cured' or even remotely psychologically/emotionally stable.

I know it sounds mean to say, but it is my hope that they stay together. It makes my life easier.

Comment

I don't know how the judge would do this. No-one except the "dad" is allowed to touch the grizzly so maybe that would help "mom" out. lol.

hadenough do you still want to be a grizzly bear?

Comment

You have a point there oink. I don't have that prob is my kids are adults.

Comment

People that are TOGETHER don't always have a 'united front' so obviously if they are apart, there's even more chance of them not being 'united' on much/anything.

I was at a friend of a friend's yesterday for about 15 minutes. This couple had 2 young kids. The place was upside down, and it was a very nice home. Toys everywhere - goldfish (snacks) strewn about - ohh did that bring back memories.

I love little kiddies but I am SO glad my child is older now!!

Comment

So many different perspectives thus far. Point is we are separated and for most of us it involves children.

I marked the one "I changed, the ex did not" (or something like that). We changed because of money, morality, etc.

So how does one pick? The point is we could not work it out. We confused the kids by having a family holiday and we will continue to confuse the kids because we agree to disagree by being on the same page.

We made some incredible kids together. But I can't go back. End of story.

Comment

Having adult children in a separation and divorce sometimes presents its own set of problems. I don't want to get into this now but it's very, very hard...even harder than the separation itself.

Even though I did have a few pangs at the start of loss of the close young child relationship, I did enjoy them becoming more independent.

Comment

I think I'd have to check "all of the above" as its pretty hard for me to pin-point things. My ex and I certainly aren't the same two people we were 30 yrs ago. I would say we are both to blame.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X