X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol!!!

Woman shames cheating husband on billboard- The Heart Beat - MSN Living

Originally posted by oink View Post
    The only problem with that is....there will countless people with those first names that just happen to be married, and guys with girlfriends called Jessica
    ...but how many in Greensboro N.C. and outlying area with those 3 relevant names, a GPS tracker, an expensive Nikon, and an investment account?

Comment

may be we should come up with some funds to post something like this
      "Dear Future-Husband,
      I will get you falsely charged with domestic violence and get away with it, Thanks to Toronto Police!
      -Future wife"

Comment

or may be
        "False DV Charges - Free
        Getting away with it - Priceless
        Thanks to - Toronto Police!"

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
          Now you are making personal....remember, keep the emotions out of it
          plus toronto police may sue you, better put "law enforcement" instead .. generic but gets the message accross

Comment

Flip side of that is an ex getting charged b/c said EX did commit DV, and then tells everyone under the sun (pretty sure most ppl didn't believe) that it was all made up. That was pretty priceless too. Hmmmm. Wonder why ex didn't plead "not guilty" and didn't make a big fuss out of proving innocence. Wonder how ex would explain that child witnessed the incident in question, and can recall (even a few years later) chapter and verse of what child saw/heard. Oh yeah, that's right.. Doesn't matter. Not to ex. Because ex lies profusely and will argue that black is white.

If someone falsely accused me of something (and yes, ex tried that too - it wasn't DV) I would of course prove that whatever I was being accused of, was untrue. In fact, I have had to do just that.

Didn't you say you were cleared of the charges? I realize every situation is different, but my ex seemed to have no problem afterwards. A few court ordered anger mgmt classes, and presto - a conditional pardon (or something like that). He was not impeded in any way. Continued to travel and lives the good life. A life built on lies mind you, but some would say "a good life."

Anyway, this thread was posted as a "funny." It's a big waste of cash (renting a billboard) but I guess it made the wife feel better :/

Comment

Yes, its funny.

But seriously, think of the people it impacts. Do they have kids? If so those kids will also feel the impact, one way or another. What about the extended families.

My brother's first wife had an affair, and it became public. It did hurt her relationship with her child and took years to heal. The fact that it was public knowledge made it worse. Years later we are all on speaking terms, and we all attend occasional family gatherings. I was glad to see her at my mom's funeral, as she and my mom continued a relationship even after the divorce.

One fo the first urban legends I heard was in high school in the 70s, and was about the kid who sees an ad for a Porsche for $500. He can't believe it, so he asks his dad to go with him to check it out. Sure enough when they get there a woman is asking $500 for a Porsche. They quickly sign the paperwork and hand over the money. The father asks, I'm not complaining but why so cheap? The woman selling it replies, my husband ran to Vegas with his secretary, and gambled away his money. He asked me to sell the Porsche and send him the money, so I am just doing what he asked....

Comment

Its an urban legend, by definition it is a story that grows and changes and morphs. I have also heard Corvette etc. I almost wonder if the billboard is more like an urban legend than reality.

Or were you thinking the wife doing what he asked was the urban legend part...
                Last edited by DowntroddenDad; 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Haha, the porsche joke/legend funny. Oink: no that's me trying to "positive think" myself towards a nice sunny beach. I just need the sunny beach, I can take care of the rest.. the R&R I so desperately need!! The other pic that failed to upload was a growling Grizzly Bear hahahaha

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X