This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Photo Fun

I got a very good laugh this morning from Mother Dearest...
    So our daughter is in Grade 1 this year. For both Junior and Senior Kindergarden I was never told about when photo orders are due and all that stuff, so I went and got them through the company that does it directly. I always asked her about the orders to see if she would work with me anyways but knew she wouldn't. Email today states that school picture orders are due Monday, so if I want I can get 1 5x7 photo if I give her $20 today. This seemed a little steep to me, so I checked the website and for $13 I can order 2 5x7s or for $20 I can get a bunch of 3.5x5s and 2.5x3.5s

Gotta love my ex, I emailed her back stating this with a link to the website. At least she brought a smile to my face.
    We are doing family portraits this year with my brother and sister, so we are going to get ones of the nieces and nephews as well instead.
    Have a great Friday everyone

Originally posted by fireweb13 View Post
    I got a very good laugh this morning from Mother Dearest...
    So our daughter is in Grade 1 this year. For both Junior and Senior Kindergarden I was never told about when photo orders are due and all that stuff, so I went and got them through the company that does it directly. I always asked her about the orders to see if she would work with me anyways but knew she wouldn't. Email today states that school picture orders are due Monday, so if I want I can get 1 5x7 photo if I give her $20 today. This seemed a little steep to me, so I checked the website and for $13 I can order 2 5x7s or for $20 I can get a bunch of 3.5x5s and 2.5x3.5s

Gotta love my ex, I emailed her back stating this with a link to the website. At least she brought a smile to my face.
    We are doing family portraits this year with my brother and sister, so we are going to get ones of the nieces and nephews as well instead.
    Have a great Friday everyone
    This made me laugh, made me think of my husband's ex, same mentality, especially if there is a buck to be made! Glad you found a way around it!

Comment

I had to the first year, her teacher offered me the class photo she had because I was upset that I didn't get any pics, then I looked online and found out I can order them from the website...problem solved

Comment

Glad you found a way around it! It's funny and sad at the same time. A friend's ex did the same thing with hockey registration fees: contacted him informing him that the fees are due and they were $500 for the child's level. Said friend went on to the homepage of the hockey program and discovered that the fees were actually only $350 (Bye-bye $150 "profit"!). The internet is great for seeking information like this nowadays!

Comment

God love the internet! My ex was overpaying me in cs and I had to show him where to go to find out what his actual payment should be! I could have been robbing him blind. I find my ex to trusting, he just takes my word for it, thank god for him I am honest!

Comment

You should also have the teacher's email address (if you don't already) as it is common practice these days to communicate with your child's teacher via this method. P.D days and other school events are communicated via email and for Grade 9 this year, a "5th week" email progress report has been sent.

I've put my child's student # (found on their report cards) in my phone, along with his healthcard # etc even though I have the actual health card. It's a good idea to take photocopies of their health cards, passports etc and keep them stored in a separate place.

I also have his Facebook password. I don't go 'on' FB often, my own a/c has been deactivated for some time - but I do check from time to time and he is aware of this. (The "wall"/comments).

Some ppl may not agree with that, but I believe it's important to have access to these things.

Comment

photocopies of documents is a great idea. Keep copies at home in your safe and take pictures in case you lose them and put in your phone/computer. That is what I do with my kids health card/ birth cert, etc.

Always great to hear when someone catches the ex sputting crap. My question is, why rely on her for pictures? Can't you just deal directly with the school as you are the other parent? I do not rely on a single fact of information (nore do I trust anything she says) from the ex and have all the childs contacts to call them directly for what is needed.

Just a thought.

Comment

Well our experience wasn't exactly the ex attempting to rip us off, but it is funny how we almost ended up spending more.

When we got the order form from ex, she informed us that if you buy one package you get another package of equal or less value for half price. After looking at the pictures and available packages, we decided the best value was to just order the CD, as we could then print as many or as little as we wanted.

Ex had already decided she wanted the most expensive package. Bf informed her we were going to CD route, as it made more sense to us and thus would send payment for the CD at half price (we didn't do this just to get the half price, but we bought a big package last year and just didn't use the photos as much as we thought we would)

Ex then requested if she bought a CD too, if we could split the discount. Well of course the answer was yes, because let's face it, it was really a difference of $12.50. Well as bf and I got talking about it more, I asked why they wouldn't just order one CD for each child and then burn the CD? It would save them both money.

They discussed it and one CD will be sent to Mom for one child, the other will be sent to Dad for the other child... that way neither can hold a CD hostage, as if they want pictures for their other child they will have to swap CDs.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X