No announcement yet.

Proof of cohab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya FFF. Happened to me too. CAS mopped the floor with the allegations, as did the judges. My motion judge was pissed, stating that he had 3 daughters himself that he bathed all the time. Yep, fathers are indeed capable of giving baths to their daughters despite my ex's beliefs. lol
    Last edited by LovingFather32; 07-26-2016, 12:00 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      it's nothing to do with my ex , it's the state of society and the law , men marry for sex, women marry for resources, but when you divorce women still get the money and men get nothing and this is exactly what is happening to this chump
      Speak for yourself, dude, and quit generalizing. Maybe you married solely because you wanted to have sex with your wife, but plenty of men married for more intelligent reasons (and/or were able to have sex without getting married). I certainly didn't marry for resources, nor did any other woman I know.

As for "women still get the money and men get nothing" - not true either. If you look beyond your own sad situation, the numbers say something different. For one example, here's Statistics Canada on the subject of economic status, gender and divorce:

Economic Insights

The takeaway: divorce has a much greater impact on women's economic resources than it does on men's, and the impact for women continues for years, into retirement. For women, the financial impact of divorce is even greater than the impact of widowhood, while men's lives are much less affected.

So the anecdotes about men having to give up everything to the greedy ex-wives are just that - anecdotes. They are not the norm. Divorce is not economically beneficial for either gender, but on average it hits women much harder than men.

Comment

I haven't peeked at the stats yet ..

But arriving home to your house locked, a new man man inside, your kids hidden from you, your bank account emptied, CAS/police being called over false allegations ...(I could go on) .. I just have a hard time digesting that "on average it hits women much harder than men" as women don't experience the above as often as men.

Can we agree that both genders are hit hard and leave it at that?

Just my opinion though

Comment

That's the point of statistics and research in general - it enables you to get beyond your own experience and see the bigger picture. We live our own individual stories, but these may not be generalizable. It's too bad that Links got married for sex and now his ex has all his money, but it's incorrect for him to say that this is the general rule. When you look at all divorces in Canada, women on average are harder-hit financially than men. This doesn't mean that there are no individual men who are wiped out by divorce. As with everything, your mileage may vary.

Comment

I personally don't think that men seek emotional help as much as women due to our prescribed gender roles (men shouldn't cry, etc).
            It's very hard to quantify emotional turbulence and create stats...IMO.
            Last edited by LovingFather32; 07-26-2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Here are some other fun reads.

3 Reasons Divorce Is Harder On Men Than Women

3 Reasons Divorce Is Harder On Men Than Women

Why Breakups Are Actually Tougher on Men
              A range of studies shows that they're less steady on their own than women.
              Posted Dec 19, 2014

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ly-tougher-men

Divorce makes women happier than men

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...rissues.uknews

Women cope with divorce better than men even though they suffer more financially

Women cope with divorce better than men even though they suffer more financially | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                I personally don't think that men seek emotional help as much as women due to our prescribed gender roles (men shouldn't cry, etc).
                It's very hard to quantify emotional turbulence and create stats...IMO.
                As far as I know, the existing research supports that statement (divorced men tend to report more mental health issues and lower life satisfaction than divorced women). Both men's and women's emotional well-being takes a dip around the time of divorce, but over the medium and long term, women tend to report more improved mental health than men. Don't have time right now to look for the research itself, and again, YMMV.

Comment

In the end I bet we both agree that the ramifications of divorce SUCKS for most regardless of gender. LMAO

At least we're away from our ex's. Glass half full. :-)

Comment

Ask yourself why in non marital relationships break ups are 50/50 but divorce is 70/30?

Why is prostitution very much a gendered occupation?

The bullshit about women suffering:
                    -those women would never have had that lifestyle they were married so what it reallly is for the women:

shitty life before marriage ---- marry for money - live off of the sap ---- steal half his stuff and live off that for a few years and hopefully by then you find a new sap + you get the benefit of child support , rinse and repeat....

So the women who had unrealistic marital expectations and were not ambitious basically had their lives improved by getting married, then they divorced the guy for the big payday only to find a few years later, it's all gone down the drain and their ex is making 3x what he was making before and she is giving blowjobs in the corner hoping somebody will sponsor her or she enters the dreary world of the pink ghetto.

Furthermore all that takes into consideration is pre-tax employment earnings (I haven't even read the stats, but I am familiar with the lies). After family benefits, boyfriend support benefits and child support these women are not in the existence that it is portraying them as.

Why do men do worse than women emotionally because they get screwed by court and so they feel bad, its pretty logical. The better the outcome in court , the happier I have been (anecdotal)

Also, if you left me with all my resources (didn't take child support) + spousal support away from, I would be using that money to make my life better, hiring prositutes, nannies and cooks but instead I give it to my former prostitute to subsidize her services to others... Guys make more money but they lose the advantage. My ex-wife will collect $100,000 in child support over the next years and the kids live with me half the time. That's a brand new porsche - for nothing.....

Also, I am 60 days away from the end of paying spousal support, i have my kids in shared custody, I am completely dominating in court, I still am in the martial home, I have all my friends and family around me there are few of here who have had the success I have had self-represented even with a judge who so clearly tried to go after me that another judge noted it. My cheating ex-wife is still single maybe probably, unemployed and my kids don't even like her, just a matter of time till they ditch her ass too.

I have never been happier in my life, I kid you not. But I see this bullshit for what it is and I wish I could save others.
                    Last edited by Links17; 07-26-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Wow, Links, it's almost like you know me! Speaking for myself, as a divorced woman/prostitute/gold digger, my life is exactly as you describe it. You've caught onto us women and our scheming evil ways ...

Now you must excuse me, I have to get back to my streetcorner

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                        Wow, Links, it's almost like you know me! Speaking for myself, as a divorced woman/prostitute/gold digger, my life is exactly as you describe it. You've caught onto us women and our scheming evil ways ...

Now you must excuse me, I have to get back to my streetcorner
                        LOL - priceless response Stripes.

Links - do you have a daughter?

Comment

I haven't peeked at the stats yet ..

But arriving home to your house locked, a new man man inside, your kids hidden from you, your bank account emptied, CAS/police being called over false allegations ...(I could go on) .. I just have a hard time digesting that "on average it hits women much harder than men" as women don't experience the above as often as men.

Can we agree that both genders are hit hard and leave it at that?

Just my opinion though
                          This happens to women as well. All, except the new person inside, happened to me.

I came home to a threat and a for sale sign on my house. I was then arrested for an assault that didn't take place and was released and had to remain away from my home for months. The only reason I had my daughter with me is because the ex decided to pack her things and take her to my parents house while I was being processed in jail.

I moved in with my parents, luckily, otherwise I'd have been homeless. Follow that with 8 years of allegations, custody battles, court dates, etc, etc.

He fought for and received 50/50, offset support, the whole deal - only to send kiddo home with a note telling me I "could keep her" two weeks after the 50/50 award. He hasn't seen her since. But he has spent a small fortune fighting to retain custody, even though he lives in an entirely different country.

So, yeah, women don't have the patent on being nasty shitheads. Men are certainly quite capable.

Comment

Agreed. My opinion was simply that the above occurs to men more often.

Comment

Agreed. My opinion was simply that the above occurs to men more often.
                              Not in my life. I can honestly say that all the people I've seen though divorce, it's women who do not fare well financially or emotionally.

My ex did it not once, but twice. He abandoned the next woman, with whom he had another daughter, and left her with nowhere to go but her parents house as well.

He also spent a fortune fighting custody with that child as well. Then promptly left the country for another woman. This one deserves it though (the newest one, not the other mom)

Comment

Nice trying to discredit my points by making a joke out of it.... have fun in your street corner, spit don't swallow with all that zika going around

Just to be clear, this isn't about every women, all women or even a lot of women it is about the fact a woman can ACTUALLY get away with this legally and sanctioned by society and the law.

Try to be a guy and have 4 kids with 4 different women where would you be?

Try to be woman and have 4 kids with 4 different men, child support and handouts from a single one of them could cover a decent lifestyle.

Some women are ambitious, put their careers to the side and deserve support. Some never had a chance at a decent paying job and instead gotten on the marriage bandwagon and for some reason become entitled to some lifestyle which was out of their grasp....

If men are screwed after divorce it is because the law screws them.

IF women are screwed after divorce it is mostly their choice either before, during or after the marriage. I don't accept that in today's society that a woman who wanted to work would not be able to while married. It's a tower of lies...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X