This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day fights

Shared custody, but it wasn't my weekend, so we had a special transfer yesterday morning for father's day, and the ex turned it into a big fight.

No real point to this message, not looking for advice, it just makes me sad. I wish I could have had a nice conflict-free day with the kids. She is not totally to blame, I could have just de-escalated it by giving in to her last minute demands, but either way her actions were designed to hurt me.

I picked a flower for myself from my house while i was waiting for my kids which I got kicked out of (exclusive possession) my ex started screaming at me not to pick flowers from her property (I have an agreement to buyout the house in a few months) - I was also always that landscaped etc... and then she screamed at me because i never bought her flowers

My ex is a good ex, she ticks all the "ex" boxes

Comment

My ex is reasonable most of the time when it comes to custody matters, which made this a bit of a surprise. She tends to value her own interests very highly, which generally means avoiding a custody fight when it is unnecessary (since she won't get any money out of it).

I probably should have just de-escalated, she wanted the fight and I gave her what she wanted. I just wish I knew why she wanted to fight, there's probably an angle that I don't know yet, I'll find out shortly, I always do . She's a lot less sneaky than she thinks she is...

Comment

file a vary parenting time statement/claim you get fathers day weekend she gets mothers day weekend, on years there is a schedule collision the weekends are swapped - maybe that will work for you.
        best of luck,
        pokeman

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X