This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need professional counselling in TO

I've recently left my husband and have a 6 month old son. I'm going through the roller coaster of emotions now and need to seek professional counselling. Does anyone know an inexpensive counselling service in Toronto area. I'm on maternity leave and don't have much income but I need to take care of my sanity at this point. Mostly, do I proceed with divorce or not?

you cannot file for divorce till you have stayed sep for 1 year... when did you move out...

Comment

At least, talk over your situation with your MD, especially with a 'babe in arms'. AND they can likely suggest some suitable counselling services.
      Last edited by dinkyface; 07-28-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I agree, talk with your MD first. I have met counsellors in TO, but we were dealing with IVF, so not much help there. If you need some immediate talk time, pm me
        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

My MD sent me to counselling through the doctor's office and it didn't cost me anything. I also got counselling through my work Employee Assistance Program, and that also didn't cost anything, and I was on mat leave at the time.

A counsellor cannot tell you if you should divorce or not, but can help you sort yourself out emotionally so you can evaluate that decision rationally. In fact, none of us here can make that decision for you either, we can only advise.

Comment

Contact your husband's employer and ask the name of the company they use for the Employee Assistance Program.

Once you have this information all you need to do is call and they will ask for your provincial health care number. This keeps it anonymous so your husband and his employer don't know you have talked to anyone.

My program offers in person counselling, on line counselling, phone counselling, I can call or I can arrange to have someone call me at scheduled times, (this might be a good option if you have little ones).

Employee assistant programs usually have a limited amount of hours that you can use. However at the end of my time, my counsellor indicated that she felt I had another issue, (although it was still the divorce process that I discussed with her), that I should deal with. It's really just for the paper work and she does this to keep some consistency.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X