Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

change in work schedule a material change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change in work schedule a material change?

if the initial order was made on the presumption that you would be working full time 40 hours a week, i.e., mon-fri 9-5 PM and later you obtained a flexible schedule that allows you to alter start and end times and other flexibility to the work schedule including taken leaves of absences for family needs and being able to work from home..

is this a material change?

The closest thing case law I have found to this is here: http://www.canlii.org/en/sk/skca/doc...resultIndex=12

Originally posted by trinton View Post
    if the initial order was made on the presumption that you would be working full time 40 hours a week, i.e., mon-fri 9-5 PM and later you obtained a flexible schedule that allows you to alter start and end times and other flexibility to the work schedule including taken leaves of absences for family needs and being able to work from home..

is this a material change?

The closest thing case law I have found to this is here: http://www.canlii.org/en/sk/skca/doc...resultIndex=12
    Short answer: No.

You should have 50-50 with a 9-5 schedule. It is what a good portion of the population of parents have for working hours. This too is another "tactic" that judges are well aware of. Very little should turn on your work schedule.

Comment

They tried this shit on me.... i knocked them back on their asses - "Is a normal parent supposed to be unemployed or work full-time" You can't suck and blow at the same time.

One way fathers lose is by letting temporary situations determine permanent resolutions. You must insist the judge recognize that the current unfavourable status quo is TEMPORARY and that the PERMANENT RESOLUTION must fit the PERMANENT STATUS QUO.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X