X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=cashcow4ex;79155]
    Originally posted by CSAngel View Post

Why don't men have touchy feely talks with their guy friends? Why don't they enjoy a day at the spa? Why don't they ever call when they say they're going to?

quote]

Because we are all broke from paying spousal support to greedy vindictive ex's. lol
    Does that mean you used to get touchy-feely with your guy friends?

Comment

Women 'want rich husbands, not careers': New survey claims drive for gender equality is a myth
      Woman still want to ‘marry up’ and naturally choose husbands who earn more than themselves, a report suggests.

The idea of most women wanting to be financially independent is a myth, according to Catherine Hakim of the London School of Economics.
      Despite years of equality campaigning, more women are choosing to marry wealthy men than in the 1940s, the expert claims.

In her report, published by the Centre for Policy Studies think tank, she suggests men dominate the top positions because women simply do not want careers in business.

She criticised David Cameron for backing the idea of quotas to ensure that leading companies appointed more women to their boards.

‘Women’s aspiration to marry up, if they can, to a man who is better-educated and higher-earning persists in most European countries,’ she said. ‘Women thereby continue to use marriage as an alternative or supplement to their employment careers.’

The research, which drew on existing data drawn from Britain and Spain, showed that 20 per cent of British women married husbands with a significantly better education than their own in 1949.

By the 1990s, the percentage of women deciding to ‘marry up’ had climbed to 38 per cent – with a similar pattern repeated in the rest of Europe, the US and Australia.
      Last edited by WorkingDAD; 11-03-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Only the dark haired and pot bellied ones...lol

Comment

No kids, common law, means TO ME no SS - he already lived off of you long enough, no reason for it to continue - he should thank you for sharing.

On a side note - is there a problem with everyone's meds this week? - crazy, over the top, one sided, closed minded, gender biased, illogical rantings going on in this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post

On a side note - is there a problem with everyone's meds this week? - crazy, over the top, one sided, closed minded, gender biased, illogical rantings going on in this forum...
            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
              No kids, common law, means TO ME no SS - he already lived off of you long enough, no reason for it to continue - he should thank you for sharing.

LOL! And that's different from any other week, how?

I think maybe SS should be lumped in with religion and politics when it comes to touchy subjects.

Comment

Um, my ex is a man and fully feels entitled to spousal support. Apparently he needs more beer.

It has less to do with gender and more to do with personality. Some people are just assholes.
                the word asshole caught my attention. Hope all goes well. I always say i have one asshole, don't need two....then i would have a medical problem! I am a Nurse and going through my own soul searching and wonder why we meet and then put up with them?

Comment

LOL! And that's different from any other week, how?

I think maybe SS should be lumped in with religion and politics when it comes to touchy subjects.
                  maybe they decreased the amount of fluoride going into our water supply and we are going into withdrawal? SS reminds me of Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by cashcow4ex View Post
                    Hell Littleman, I will say it the way it is.

Tell me the last time you heard your buddy or a buddy of a buddy talking about leaving his wife and wondering how much spousal support he is going to get. Never thats when...(other than in CSAngel's situation of course)

There is one gender that thinks spousal support and divorce go hand in hand. Shit how many poeple on here know of a man getting spousal support??? I wouldn't hsitate to say maybe 3 or 4 people.

Now...how many know of a woman collecting it? I wouldn't hesitate to say everybody.

Granted there is a slim selection of situations were its warranted but that might be about 15%-20%.

Our Family Law system seems to think that its acceptable for one ex-spouse to use the other as a crutch indefinetly. Thats horseshit!!!

I dont mean to hurt anyones delicate sensibilities but I call it like it is.
                    My ex went to a lawyer in the sept, called me at 1230 asking to come over to discuss the separation, arrived here half in the bag 2 hrs later, i asked him to leave, as he had been drinking( and we know where that ends up ) and then he proceded to inform me, that he would contest my will ( i was flying for the first time to visit my daughter so had the will drawn up so he would not get it all, that same morning), and that he could go for support, and was moving back in here as i could not stop him, oh and i would be cutting him a check after all said and done, i pretended to call the police he backhanded me , while on the phone then had the nerve to ask me if i was calling the police, next call 911. Now have a restraining order and he has 2 assualts and a breach. My nightmare begins I will let you know if you can add him to the list. glad my venting rut is slowing down and finding out facts and figures. Marriage date may 2010, first charged assault jan 2011. Should have been before. sorry venting but not in the panic mode, its in the water, lol...at least i can smile now.. please don't tell me wrong post or thread, thanks still new here

Comment

Tell me the last time you heard your buddy or a buddy of a buddy talking about leaving his wife and wondering how much spousal support he is going to get. Never thats when...(other than in CSAngel's situation of course)

There is one gender that thinks spousal support and divorce go hand in hand. Shit how many poeple on here know of a man getting spousal support??? I wouldn't hsitate to say maybe 3 or 4 people.

Now...how many know of a woman collecting it? I wouldn't hesitate to say everybody.

Granted there is a slim selection of situations were its warranted but that might be about 15%-20%.

Our Family Law system seems to think that its acceptable for one ex-spouse to use the other as a crutch indefinetly. Thats horseshit!!!

maybe someone should start a tread and do a survey, interesting....

Comment

I'm with CSAngel.
                        My spouse and I lived together for two years, he was not working for one of them (and did not contribute a single penny to the household bills/expenses) and during that time I also paid upwards of $2000 for schooling for him.
                        Now that we're separated he wants half my house, that I owned before the marriage, as well as half all the other stuff he is entitled to under the law. He is earning 3x the income that he earned before the schooling I paid for - shouldn't a person just be happy with that and walk away? Whenever I say he is being unreasonable he threatens to also seek spousal support (a joke since his income, while still being less than mine, is all his - he has no home or bills to pay).

I agree with billm on the one sided, closed minded, gender biased, illogical rantings this week. BE mindful what you say as there are people of BOTH genders who want to suck their spouses dry out of bitterness or whatever.

Comment

My two cents

For the record, my X makes $20K+ more per year than I do, and in our separation agreement, I asked for nothing but the offset amount of child support to take care of the kids. I did not ask for spousal, nor did I go after any pension money.

We are not all money hungy! Sorry if this has been your experience!

Comment

AnjieJ, I am going to get nailed for this but when I read your post I got the same allthough opposite impression of the whole "misunderstood" issues IMHO many have when it comes to support. Yes we all have our right to make our own choices and you made yours because it was right for you.

POint I like to make is one of moderation, fairness and perhaps nothing more. There is the distain for the SS gouging and perhaps the dishonesty of some to manipulate the end result into "thier favour". Your post led me to think that "Is it so wrong to truthfully apply the law and if warranted come to an agreement that is fair based on a couple's circumstance.

This would include not feeling guilt for recieving support which I am sure some do have (I will admit right here that I also think that this would be a small percentage of payees). Is the sharing of the wealth accumilation which would include pensions money grabbing?

Maybe it is all in the details?

Married 6 months, 30 years. Common law 3 years and 1 week, common law 7, 12, 21 years with children without. A mutual decision to stay at home and not go to work, a spouse who just stayed home in line with the kids but after they were off to school - did everything NOT to return to the workforce???? Illogical ranting or consentual (in my case I wish! because for a couple that never really fought ever in two decades well the spouse is making up for it now) but how about the consentual negotiation to a fair seperation agreement that if SS for life is or needs to happen to allow both spouses to continue on with dignity and hope for the future then so be it. Is it, all in the details?

This really has been a week most would agree? Maybe it had something to do with the recent event of last monday........ did it also include a full moon as well??

Comment

I do agree that there are many woman who are all about the money and how much of it they can get.

I was simply making a point that I personally am not one of them and don't care to be included in that group. It really sucks that a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch!

Our system needs a lot of work, cause there are way too many good men, and woman that are getting screwed over!

Comment

hey AnjieJ, I agree with your thoughts 110% You can tell this of people by the nature of thier posts. I am one of those that is going to have to fight tooth and nail for what is set out in the family law act. I do not have much of a choice and that will be the key to my getting thru this - I really do not have much of a choice. My stbx is one of those people who can be looked at as the complete opposite to the "gold digger" she is proven to be the one that will do what ever she can to take, evrything she can even if it is by dishonesty, uses the kids as pawns and in the end will take a seperation that had a chancce to be negotiated to one that is looking like headed to the courts to get even one penny.

At the start I had the "I can't do this to someone I loved for 25 years, known for 46 of my 50 years and now she has made it easy for me to get this done - and the only one I am really worried about is me - and my new life. The law will settle things out and she will have to deal with it. (this is not considering my children who thankfully are all older - I can't imagine what this would be like for me if they were 6 and 7 years old. I feel for the parents who use every ounce of energy to do right by the children while the other spouse does the opposite)

Many people here have had a raw deal all around and the posts can lean in that direction pretty quick. I just like to get in the point that there is the other side who get the raw deal going the other way. I am working real hard, giving everything I have to ensure that I am not one of them.
                                Last edited by ddol1; 11-06-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X