teens own plans for summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teens own plans for summer

How do most people handle the situation when each parent gets two weeks in summer but then teen want to work or go away for camp for several weeks? I think we would each have to work around that but I am worried other parent might demand they get the two weeks and teen shouldn't go to camp or work so they can have their two weeks? If so are the options either parent has for recourse? For example teen wants to go to a 6 week camp, leaving only 2 weeks left. I think 1 week/parent and work around the teen, pobbile go on vacation for a week during your week, or possible stay home and take a vacation when teen is away. Other parent might demand they get their 2 weeks. What if teen doesn't want to be gone the entire summer and would like to stay home those two weeks.

How old is said teen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
      How do most people handle the situation when each parent gets two weeks in summer but then teen want to work or go away for camp for several weeks? I think we would each have to work around that but I am worried other parent might demand they get the two weeks and teen shouldn't go to camp or work so they can have their two weeks? If so are the options either parent has for recourse? For example teen wants to go to a 6 week camp, leaving only 2 weeks left. I think 1 week/parent and work around the teen, pobbile go on vacation for a week during your week, or possible stay home and take a vacation when teen is away. Other parent might demand they get their 2 weeks. What if teen doesn't want to be gone the entire summer and would like to stay home those two weeks.
      When they hit the teens, parents really start having to take the kid's wishes into consideration. After all, they can just up and travel to the other parent themselves if they want, and even start to resent the parent that tries to dictate otherwise. Just like you can't tell a teenager which parent to live with, you can't tell them to leave their camp, or their summer job, to follow as schedule dictated by the parents. Find out what the kid wants to do, then work around it as fairly as possible. Within reason of course. You're not going to let the teen stay at the home with the PS4 in the basement all summer.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X