schedules/our family wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schedules/our family wizard

I heard about our family wizard today, anyone use it? Do you use all of it or parts of it. I would consider it for the electronic schedule. currently using google calendar. Do I need to put everything into an electronic calendar for ex? I think if I send an email or text it is ex's responsibility to keep track of things, but seems to expect me to continually update google calendar. Maybe this app would be easier. Im concerned there would be an expectation from ex I continually update all aspects of that app, when really just want the calendar, and just for access, not to put in every sport or event. I struggle continually with information ex should already know/ already given or could find out for self if looked and ex's expectation I'm supposed to repeatedly give ex information. What is a reasonable amount of time to tell ex a sports schedule? Once? Twice? more?

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
    ...Im concerned there would be an expectation from ex I continually update all aspects of that app, when really just want the calendar, and just for access, not to put in every sport or event. I struggle continually with information ex should already know/ already given or could find out for self if looked and ex's expectation I'm supposed to repeatedly give ex information. What is a reasonable amount of time to tell ex a sports schedule? Once? Twice? more?
    Whether you're using Google Calendar, or Our Family Wizard's calendar, would you not also be utilizing the calendary aspect of it? I mean, if you're entering the stuff anyway for your own use, why would it be an issue. If you enter the stuff in calendar, and simply point to ex that "info is updated in calendar", that seems like less hassle, then getting inquiries/or repeated requests for info.

Comment

The ONLY easy thing in my divorce was using Google Calendar.........

Comment

No, I wouldn't be using it for myself, only to inform other parent. I prefer paper calendar and keep track of my own needs via daytimer and fridge calendar. So it is a hassle to input everything into it. I currently do use the electronic calendar for access schedule but not for every sport event.
        That is problem. For example, in our community there are associations for hockey and soccer. the individual team managers use team snap app. So I keep up to date using this app. So this is how a typical season goes: I inform ex child wants to go in sport and ex agrees. You sign up a couple months before it begins and get a schedule a couple of weeks before it begins, so you never know what the schedule will before ahead of time, making it a crap shoot as to how much of a scheduling problem you will have with 3 kids in the same sport. Sometimes you are lucky and it works out, sometimes you and other parents have to arrange and rearrange pick ups and drop offs and car pool, because everyone is in the same boat. This is because there are limited ice times and soccer fields and it is just the way it is. Can't change that.

I inform ex there is this app, he never gets it, even thought teams have been using for a few years. This app emails you every change to the schedule and it works really well, main communication between team manager and the team. You can also go the organizations website and see every schedule for every team. I give the website address, I doubt ex ever looks at it. I print the team schedule off the website and give a copy to ex, who either takes it and presumably never reads it, or doesn't even bother to take it. I now only remind when actually need ex to be there to pick up or drop off child. tends to only come to a game if need drop off or pick up, or rarely will ask me when a game is, or sometimes i text about tournament games (which are also on team snap app). I dont want to now input all these games into another app, when quite easily there are many ways to get this information and keep self informed if ex wished to do so. Is that unreasonable?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X