Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
BluSeptember BluSeptember is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
BluSeptember is on a distinguished road
Default registered pension funds?


I am new to this, but am needing some guidance to pension funds. The ex is taking me back to court to stop spousal support payments, but in the meantime (from our first court appearance) I was awarded half of his pension plan. The problem is this: The government apparently regulates the amount you are allowed to receive each month. When I received notification of the amount to which I would be receiving, I had to find an institute where I could invest this pension money, then a cheque was given to them.

I went through a bank and put it in mutual funds. The only good thing about this is that if I make more interest from the mutual funds then I will receive more from the Government Set amount.

Does anyone know if there is another way to have done this to benefit me more? When the ex retires he will withdraw alot more than that and will be able to live quite comfortably with his pension. I on the other hand can' t even pay my rent with the percentage I am allowed to draw each month, so therefore will have to work the rest of my life.

I would appreciate any information anyone can give me regarding this. Very confused, disappointed and scared.

I live in New Brunswick Canada. We were married 25 years and I was not permitted to work.


Last edited by BluSeptember; 10-12-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:14 PM
logicalvelocity logicalvelocity is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,943
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

I think you should contact the superannuation people or look online for their directives. You can find this information at this link.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opposing is Demanding Nonexistent Pension Teddie Financial Issues 3 10-25-2011 10:14 AM
new here...pls be gentle! :) caro46 Introductions 9 08-11-2011 02:49 PM
Pension Entitlement lorlaman Financial Issues 7 07-24-2011 12:32 PM
Valuation of Pension That Is In Pay kawasaki Divorce & Family Law 1 02-08-2011 06:34 PM
Pension Retention Tention Barry Allen Financial Issues 2 07-16-2006 10:15 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 PM.