Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Final Order Signed and Filed as Minutes of Settlement

Do I dare say it out loud??

Ex signed Final Minutes of Settlement at yesterday's TMC agreeing to Joint Custody of S2!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm legally his daddy!! (pending his birth certificate being amended)

A copy of the Draft Final Order I filed with my brief was signed by both of us with a couple of minor changes and the judge turned it into our Final Minutes of Settlement (which will now be turned into the Final Order by the court).

It hasn't really sunk in yet and I won't completely relax until I get my official copy with the court seal on it.

It's been a long and stressful two years since I filed my application for paternity testing, but with my parents help and support we made it through all the crap thrown my way trying to keep me away from my son.

I know this is probably not the end of family court but I hope we can at least take a break for a couple of years until we need to update the parenting schedule when S2 starts school.

Thanks to LF32, I have it in our agreement that S2 will attend JK at the elementary school directly across the street from my home (as long as neither of us moves).

We agreed to joint decision making, no travel outside Ontario without written consent and a mobility clause that neither one of us can move from the small town we currently live in without consent of the other party (or court order).

I've learned a lot from the members posts on here who also have to deal with high conflict ex's and have been grateful for answers to my questions.

Thanks to all!

Very good news that you aren't now having to worry about a huge legal bill.

Good job!

Comment

Thanks to LF32, I have it in our agreement that S2 will attend JK at the elementary school directly across the street from my home (as long as neither of us moves).
      Hey no problem my friend.

I really really like the forums this week. Links did well, my court appearance was great .. and look at you .. settling. This gives me hope.

Kick your feet up for a bit pal. 2 years of the meat grinder has probably taken a bit of a toll on your system. I cant wait to be a that point.

You fought hard for your child and it paid off. Congrats!!!

Comment

Thanks Arabian! I could never have managed to self rep in my case without the help both of my parents.

My dad drove me to court more times than I can count to serve and file documents and my mom busted her a** researching and preparing motions, affidavits and briefs for the last two years.

My total legal costs are still over 10K but almost all of that was spent on the criminal defence lawyer I had to hire to deal with the false DV allegations/criminal charges my ex managed to throw at me.

From what I've experienced and read on CanLII, if you have a lying, scheming high conflict lying ex with LAO representation, self rep is the way to go.

My ex (and her mother) hung themselves with their over the top lies to the court, CAS and police. Their stories got wilder every time them told them.

@ LF32, I am happy to not have the court process hanging over my life, at least for now. Maybe now I can focus on getting a my career in gear and think about saving up for my first car!

Cheers and have a great weekend!
        Last edited by YoungDad23; 11-06-2015, 02:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Congrats! That is great news... just goes to show that you should never give up

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X