Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluewater View Post
    Tayken,

Just to clarify I am 3km from S4's school. Mother is about 40km away from this area (30 min drive) and insists on me doing the driving which so far has been fine.
    Ok. I was going off your original post which didn't detail the other parent's distance from the school.

But, to be frank, a 30-minute drive is not something a court is going to fuss about. (For either parent.) Rural children and those living in Northern Ontario spend way more time on a bus to get to school.

Also, someone in the golden horseshoe reading this forum is laughing at your 30-minute drive. (To put it into perspective.)

Originally posted by bluewater View Post
    As is right now when things go well I'm happy to drive. It's when things get difficult (lateness, no notice, etc...) that there are potential problems. As is I am happy to have that extra time with him, I'm just looking for what my rights & responsibilities are if things go off the rails.
    The solution would be if the other parent is not home. You wait 10 minutes, then take the child back home with you and notify the other parent they can pick up the child.

One file I have recently seen the parent who was in your shoes had the neighbor across the street call to notify when the other parent's car was in the driveway. That way they didn't even bother making the drive until the parent was back.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X