No announcement yet.

after school on other parents day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think this does count if you are challenging Offset child support. ?

extra hours everyday would count, mine are at my house until after almost everyday after school. I even feed them dinner most days until the other parent shows up on their day

Comment

Originally posted by North of 40 View Post
      I guess the question to ponder....

If they are with the one parent for lets say three hours more per day, over the course of the year, I would think it would throw off the equal parenting.

I.e. 50/50, 40/60 It might become 30/70. If one wanted to challenged cs offset at some time.
      You're assuming it's 'equal' to begin with. They may have 50-50, but if someone is relying on a constellation of caregiving options due to work (before and afterschool care, significant others, grandparents, etc) and the other parent is not, one could argue that it's not really 'fair' to the kids to be looked after by 3rd parties just so the other parent has less CS obligations (which, let's be honest, happens all the time) and/or the veneer of 50-50.

Comment

If it was really about the 'kids' no one would be counting hours. Let's call a spade a spade!
        I have 50/50 with my kids bio dad and they are at my house every day after school. I have never mentioned 'hours' after school as defining 50/50 status and guess what?! We've never thought twice about where they go after school. In terms of 3rd party taking care of your kids, parents need to relax - blended families exist and dare I say step parents are loved by the children and want to spend time with them! Are we serious here?! In a world where play dates monopolize our kids after hours time, and we drop off our kids at sport functions all the time, any parent that's concerned with missing time with their kids bc daddy's GF is spending time with their kid needs to pull their head out of their a$$ and grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X