Child Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Activity

Ex never consulted and registered activities for child. Still have no idea what time these programs are being run.

Furthermore, ex emailed asked me to cover all the registration fee that she paid.

My question is that is this a reasonable ask? What would you do?

Tell her that she must consult with you first and get your agreement in writing before you will pay for it and if she disagrees, direct her to the federal child support guidelines and possibly your agreement if its in there too.

Comment

Doubtful she did a registration and doesn't know the times. They probably fall on your time.
      She needs your consent and agreement to pay before registering.

Comment

Why don't you just ask her for a copy of the registration package and the details? If this is something you would have agreed with before then you could consider paying your share. If this is something that doesn't work for you and would not benefit your child you can still say no and not pay.

At least attempt to be reasonable even if she isn't.

It's a small hill...be reasonable now and save the headaches for the big battles

Comment

What is said activity? If it’s a summer activity the schedule is most likely available by now.

As mentioned above, you don’t have to pay if you didn’t agree but if she wants your contribution then request all the details and tell her yuh want to review the activity details before you contribute anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blin View Post
            Ex never consulted and registered activities for child. Still have no idea what time these programs are being run.

Furthermore, ex emailed asked me to cover all the registration fee that she paid.

My question is that is this a reasonable ask? What would you do?

Dear ex,

As it says in our agreement, in 3(d), you must consult with me in writing before registering the kids in activities if you wish to share the cost, or if it takes place during my time. I did not receive such written notification, so I will not be contributing nor will I bring the child to said activity during my time.

In the future, please follow our separation agreement.

Thanks!

blin

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X