Child support complication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support complication

When there are multiple children and they 50/50 but at least one of them is 100/0 how is child support calculated?

Child A: 50/50
    Child B: 100/00

I was told to put down that
    Child A: Parent A pays Parent B X
    Child B: Parent A pays Parent B Y

That would mean that the table amount is looked up for each child separately.
    If they are looked up separately that would increase the cost of child support.
    What is the right way to do this?

thank-you

Why is the lawyer insisting that the kids child support obligations be separated and how do I do that?

Comment

Typically in the situation you described, one would calculate the Table amount for one parent based on two children, for the other parent based on one child, and set off the two amounts.
      Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        Typically in the situation you described, one would calculate the Table amount for one parent based on two children, for the other parent based on one child, and set off the two amounts.
        I am making the calculation that way BUT the were emphatic that each be listed separately.

OK but how does that work for taxes?

I read in the guidelines somewhere that at 100% the table amount no longer applies....I only want to use this as leverage if I get a hard time those rates are so high already. In what cases is the table amount exceeded?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X