Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No idea how to disprove this claim… OCL? Affidavits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Kids do get school work to do at home in elementary grades. Many parents do ask for the extra work too because they are not going to leave it to someone else to raise their kids.
    Yep, I check on my kid even in high school; parenting. Not all kids are self correcting.

Very believable that the other parent is letting their kids go to bed too late and not doing school work or other productive things. Parenting isn't for everyone. The range of acceptable parenting for the courts is VERY wide, unfortunately, it would be a very tough road to get a court to set a bed time.
    Teach your child the importance of proper sleep and how better sleep makes for a healthier brain. Read up on it. Kids want to grow up as best they can and if you are doing that much of a better job than the other parent they will eventually chose you as the parent or self-regulate at your exes.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
      Teach your child the importance of proper sleep and how better sleep makes for a healthier brain. Read up on it. Kids want to grow up as best they can and if you are doing that much of a better job than the other parent they will eventually chose you as the parent or self-regulate at your exes.
      I have and when my son expressed himself at his dads saying he wanted to goto bed because he was tired, my ex kept told him “there’s nothing stopping you” and apparently finished watching the game. I then get told my his lawyer that me “trying to alienate the father by having the kid ask for proper sleeping arrangements” would be brought up at court.

Comment

Originally posted by thgink9- View Post
        It is high conflict and we will never be on good terms. Guess that’s the product of him beating the shit out of me and now having my son telling his counsellors he’s being abused by his dad.
        ...and you thought ordering this guy around was going to be an effective way to get what you wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
          Kids do get school work to do at home in elementary grades.
          After school is extracurricular time. I would be pissed off if the school was encroaching on that time.

Yep, I check on my kid even in high school; parenting. Not all kids are self correcting.
          Good luck in university, do you plan on checking up on your kid there as well? That's going to be an expensive mistake. Failing high school is much cheaper and doesn't stick around on your GPA.

To be fair, my kids are school superstars, but that's because I put in the work when they were younger. By high school it is waaaay too late.

Very believable that the other parent is letting their kids go to bed too late and not doing school work or other productive things.
          thgink describes her ex as pure evil. The situation is almost certainly not as dichotomous as she makes it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
            ...and you thought ordering this guy around was going to be an effective way to get what you wanted?
            How was I ordering him around?

I also don’t get how I’m “making him out to be pure evil” when everything I’ve stated here has been proven. It’s not like I’m just making things up. Everything has been documented. I’m not just going to sugar coat things either. When I say he beat the shit out of me, he did. He repeatedly kicked me in the stomach when I was pregnant and threw me down the stairs. When I say my son is claiming he’s being abused, he is. He learnt about abuse from CAS and reported it to his school counsellor. When the school counsellor talked with the dad, he put all the blame on my son. I have an affidavit from the counsellor about that.

I have never ordered my ex around and I don’t know how you came to that conclusion without taking what I said and morphing it to meet that criteria.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X