This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the Legalese CAREFULLY!

Just found the fabulous statement below while reading my draft separation agreement.

If X and R cannot agree within thirty (30) days of the request for review or variation, they shall try medication.
    Maybe I can get things done to my satisfaction if he's heavily medicated!

OMG, that's an awesome typo, i would totally hold him to it as well - so long as YOU get to choose what kind! LOL!

Comment

LOL, what kind of medication? You might have to litigate that one if you can't decide!

Comment

lol, thats a hoot.

Comment

We had to go S.30, and he ordered 'no alcohol or non-prescription medication' when the kids are in each custody -- we'd both actually like to get it dropped but are both unsure as to broach it without looking trashy... it's not like we're going to get baked with the kids around (anymore), but it would be nice to have a glass of wine w. dinner out or not have to turn down when offered a beer by the neighbor when the kids are all playing together....

Comment

What's S.30?

Comment

Section 30 Assessment -- both of us said the other was a sh*tty parent and always in a drug&alcohol-induced stupor so we needed a 3rd party Custody & Access assessment done that >$20k later said "you're not crazy, and you're not crazy"... so we picked and chose a few things from the assessment 'on consent'.. I had a lawyer at the time and he suggested 'the schedule' was ok.. and I didn't realize it would drop me under 40% and I went from $650 + 200 spousal (pays for her bag of weed), to $1404! I'm self-rep now...

How can I go back and change an order that was 'on consent'... Also, I thought that you couldn't change support payments until trial? (notably I was imputed, because of lack of financial disclosure from my 'way-disorganized-sole-proprietor-not-done-accounting-in-a-bit' situation...)

So now my stuff is in-place, and I got some disclosure from her, which doesn't include the car she's hiding, or the apartment in her friend's name not hers and I don't believe she's paying the rent either but judge says I'm "on a fishing expedition" to ask for her bank statements like they could ask for mine.. apparently being self-employed is different than an employee but I can tell you now that she's hiding more than her extra car and the stuff she looted from our house and I'm only hiding my chronic disorganization :-(

Comment

Your "chronic disorganziation" screwed you and now it's going to be difficult to remedy that.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X