This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off topic..but I need your help.

I know this is a divorce forum, but I've found some friends here and I need your help.

My dad went into diabetic coma this morning. He is almost 80 and in poor health. I don't know how long he was out before someone found him. He is on his way to the hospital (by ambulance).

I am scared to go see him, scared that I might have to go get my daughter to see her Grandpa one last time. Please pray for him, or whatever you can do. I'll update you when I can.

Thanks

I'm sorry your dad is ill, Billie. I am sending lots of good thoughts your way for you and your family.

Comment

OMG billie! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Keep strong and stay positive! Wow, we have just about really been put to the test haven't we!
      Good luck, remember you are my angel! I found you for a reason, I hope to be there with you and that finding each other was someone who actually is looking down on us and did this for a reason

Comment

Stay psitive

I will pray for you and your dad

Comment

thanks guys. I'm sure your support helped!

He is in hospital and is stable. I was very worried becasue I didn't know how long he had been in the coma. It was not as long as I thought it was (maybe an hour I'm guessing).

I'm still concerned, as my sister's close friend lost her father after a diabetic coma. He had complications several days later, and that man was 30 years younger than my dad! I'm hoping they keep him in at least until Sunday for observation. He is in a long term care home though, so he should be taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
            thanks guys. I'm sure your support helped!

He is in hospital and is stable. I was very worried becasue I didn't know how long he had been in the coma. It was not as long as I thought it was (maybe an hour I'm guessing).

I'm still concerned, as my sister's close friend lost her father after a diabetic coma. He had complications several days later, and that man was 30 years younger than my dad! I'm hoping they keep him in at least until Sunday for observation. He is in a long term care home though, so he should be taken care of.
            Glad it worked out for your Dad. Just take it day by day and spend as much time with him as you can.

Comment

BC,

Hope your father recovers. Few I know have same illness. Take each day as it arrives. Thoughts are with you.

Comment

Thinking of you here, too. My 86 year old aunt passed away last night, I'll be going up to Barrie for the funeral on Monday.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss Mess.

Dad is back at his home now and causing trouble. refusing meds, food and his blood sugar checks. Guess that means he's feeling better.

Comment

I visited her last summer with my cousin, and she's been living in the same house since after ww2. Not a single decoration or furniture had changed, my cousin and me were remarking on every little thing we remembered since we were toddlers (it's the first time he and I had been there together so it sparked a lot more memories.)

Comment

Billie,
                      Glad to hear he's back and that it seems back to his old self again!

Comment

All the best to all of you.

Comment

Hope he fully recovers.

Is he type 1 or 2 diabetic?

Comment

Type 2. HIs blood sugar has been out of whack lately becasue he is on high dose steroids and the dosage is being reduced weekly. Apparently the steroids really drive his blood sugar up and it is hard to adjust the meds.

Comment

I was under impression - Some Diabetes symptoms can be alleviated with diet...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X