This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you quote???

I see these wonderful posts where a part of one's writing in a forum has been quoted and the new poster can give his/her opinion/advice. Just how the heck does one do that??? When I click on post, the whole post comes up and when I write below and then check my post it sure doesn't look like anything you brilliant computer posters have done!

I have tried clicking on the "multiple post" but that doesn't seemtowork either. I am not a computer idiot but this sure has be baffled. If anyone can give me a guide to this process is would be most appreciated! Not that you all want me to "multiple quote" - I just might piss someone off LOL!

Maybe I should proofread before I hit send. Do me a favour DTTI, don't point out my spelling or grammatical errors. I already know they exist hehehe!

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three View Post
      I see these wonderful posts where a part of one's writing in a forum has been quoted and the new poster can give his/her opinion/advice. Just how the heck does one do that??? When I click on post, the whole post comes up and when I write below and then check my post it sure doesn't look like anything you brilliant computer posters have done!

I have tried clicking on the "multiple post" but that doesn't seemtowork either. I am not a computer idiot but this sure has be baffled. If anyone can give me a guide to this process is would be most appreciated! Not that you all want me to "multiple quote" - I just might piss someone off LOL!
      If you're logged in - click quote icon on the bottom of the post you deem to quote.

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
        If you're logged in - click quote icon on the bottom of the post you deem to quote.

I clicked quote. Your post is small and it should work,but how does one quote specific info in a post? Am I making any sense?

Comment

I clicked quote. Your post is small and it should work,but how does one quote specific info in a post? Am I making any sense?
          To quote multiple posts in a thread - Click multi quote beside quote once logged in. Look for Quote Code in processing box. Enter text...

Comment

Do it by hand...

Type [

Then the word "quote"

then type ]

Then cut and paste the section you want to quote

Then type [

Then type /

Then type "quote"

Then type ]

Use this to break up a block of text multiple times like so:

I see these wonderful posts where a part of one's writing in a forum has been quoted and the new poster can give his/her opinion/advice. Just how the heck does one do that???
            When I click on post, the whole post comes up and when I write below and then check my post it sure doesn't look like anything you brilliant computer posters have done!
            I have tried clicking on the "multiple post" but that doesn't seemtowork either. I am not a computer idiot but this sure has be baffled.
            If anyone can give me a guide to this process is would be most appreciated! Not that you all want me to "multiple quote" - I just might piss someone off LOL!

Comment

Nice!

I was wondering this myself.

Thanks for the good Question.

Comment

Do me a favour DTTI, don't point out my spelling or grammatical errors. I already know they exist hehehe!
                OK, but it's DTTE

Comment

And to think I went over that post so closely so as to not get caught! LMAO!!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face today. Bigger smile soon - off to pick up the kids!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X