Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would ex husband ever give up controlling behaviours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairness is not what a family dispute is about. Think about the poor little baby, how can I leave without him? He was sick and needs to be fed. A mother and a baby are practically ONE. Many doctor calls the first 3 months the "4th trimester".
    Sigh...checkmate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
      lol, I'm definitely not a dad. And I'm certainly not mad. I just don't think what's happened is necessarily fair to both parties.

Unfortunately for your ex, he's probably going to become one of the masses of parents who haven't had good legal advice or haven't been proactive enough when the other spouse has absconded with their child and will have to deal with a falsely established status quo.

Anyway, I've stated my point and hope that your case works out fairly for both of you and for your baby.

Thank you.

Comment

Validation? You want everyone to tell you that everything that you're doing is justified, and that your ex should be OVERJOYED to be the one to do all of the driving even though you left, (forget they why you left, it doesn't void the dads rights), and want people to agree that you're in some mythical extra trimester that makes you and your baby inseperable.

Again, you say that you came here only to know how long your ex will be controlling and conflict oriented, and I will reiterate, he will do it a lot less if you pull your head out of your rear and start treating him like an equal partner.

You say that you admire dads who fight for their children? What you don't get is that they have to fight because they are being wronged.

Comment

oh I see!

Thank you for the time to actually respond. You sound mad but you definitely have your reason to be mad.

would you mind sharing your experiences?

Comment

No anger, just flabbergasted that you would be so completely warped.

I have my kids half the time and love being a dad. That's my story.

Comment

I see! Good for you. It's encouraging to see others do well after divorce. It gives hopes to us who are new at it.

Comment

I achieved my results by avoiding lawyers and the courts, and by accepting that I could not hope to get everything to go my way. Truth be told, my ex did a number of hurtful things that endangered my relationship with my children, betrayed and traumatized me, cost our family finacial stability, and even damaged her relationship with her own side of the family.

I swallowed my anger, let go of the past, shunned lawyers, and put the needs of my children first. I refused to let the wrongs done against me poison the divorce process. Most people who know me don't know how I did it.

You are wounded and resentful, treating your child like property, and masking it behind cheery politeness, and it saddens me. I see in you what I coud have beeni if I had chosen a different path.
                Last edited by Straittohell; 11-06-2014, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X