Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:59 AM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road
Default Markham Ambert Alert Appears to Be False Allegation by Parent

Father of Ontario girl found safe after Amber Alert won't be charged, police say

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tion-1.5063232

I hope she is charged if there was really no concern for child's safety, only vengeance as the motive.

Last edited by YoungDad23; 03-20-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-20-2019, 11:13 AM

Here is a link to father's FB page where he is defending himself but not blaming the police because they were only working from the information given to him by the other parent:

https://www.facebook.com/solo.jayy
Old 03-20-2019, 12:06 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

We have no idea what led the mother to say these things. We have no idea what the police knew to issue the alert. Unless someone has the link to the mother speaking to the media or over social media?

You know what we do know? That this idiot is dragging his kids mother in the news and over social media. If you did nothing wrong- then sit the hell down and shut up about it. Save it in your back pocket to show the courts (which no doubt will be involved) how irrational the mother is.

There's a clip of him that the radio stations are playing where he says he absolutely knows that his daughter's mother is spiteful enough to do this.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Schools donít release kids to just anyone and if he didnít have the freedom before then he would not have been able to sign kid out.

The police donít release an amber alert unless they fear for the childs safety and that is a high measure to meet.

Therefore it is easy to infer that the mother went extreme on this more than likely telling the police he could kill the child. Or that the child was not safe in his presence. He should be speaking out about it because there is an automatic bias on him as the non-custodial parent with an amber alert against him.

I hope they either charge her or give her a serious warning.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:43 PM

Rocksan- did you notice the picture they were using on news yesterday? it looked like a mugshot. Who's to say he isn't known to police and that's why they took it seriously?

Most likely- the mom did go spiteful. And if she did- hopefully she'll be dealt with. I'm not commenting on her actions.

I disagree with you that he needs to speak out. He doesn't. The fact that he wasn't charged and the police have come out and said there is nothing that leads them to believe he kidnapped his daughter speaks volumes on its own. He does not need to be dragging the mom. It makes him look petty. He could've left it at "she's always safe with me"- simple. No need to drag the mom.

https://www.cp24.com/news/york-regio...safe-1.4343800

Here's some other questions I have- dude is 25. he obviously has a cell phone- did anyone try calling him (the answer I'm assuming is yes), did he answer?
Old 03-20-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Schools donít release kids to just anyone and if he didnít have the freedom before then he would not have been able to sign kid out.

The police donít release an amber alert unless they fear for the childs safety and that is a high measure to meet.

Therefore it is easy to infer that the mother went extreme on this more than likely telling the police he could kill the child. Or that the child was not safe in his presence. He should be speaking out about it because there is an automatic bias on him as the non-custodial parent with an amber alert against him.

I hope they either charge her or give her a serious warning.
Looks like nobody is going to be charged but like Rockscan, I hope the mother was given a stern talking to about making false allegations or exaggerating any concerns she had to get her ex in trouble and possibly gain a legal advantage in family court.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartanntp

There is likely a lot more to this story than meets the eye but it seems was no legal paperwork preventing the father from signing daughter out of school. This would be a hard call for the police to make about the amber alert since marital separation is very recent.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:48 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
We have no idea what led the mother to say these things. We have no idea what the police knew to issue the alert. Unless someone has the link to the mother speaking to the media or over social media?

You know what we do know? That this idiot is dragging his kids mother in the news and over social media. If you did nothing wrong- then sit the hell down and shut up about it. Save it in your back pocket to show the courts (which no doubt will be involved) how irrational the mother is.

There's a clip of him that the radio stations are playing where he says he absolutely knows that his daughter's mother is spiteful enough to do this.
I can understand why he is speaking out. People thought the worst of him and now he is defending his reputation. The mother deserves to have her name dragged through the mud if she gave police false information. He isnt the idiot here in this case.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDad23 View Post
There is likely a lot more to this story than meets the eye but it seems was no legal paperwork preventing the father from signing daughter out of school. This would be a hard call for the police to make about the amber alert since marital separation is very recent.
100% agree with you.

If she did make false accusations or give the police incorrect information- that there is a no-contact order or access-order in place- her reckoning will come. See the case Tayken just posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
I can understand why he is speaking out. People thought the worst of him and now he is defending his reputation. The mother deserves to have her name dragged through the mud if she gave police false information. He isnt the idiot here in this case.
still disagree- with everyone. lol. edit to add: He's an idiot to KEEP talking. just shut the fuck up already.

If she gave the police false information- charge her. let the court deal with it. On a personal note- yes I would like the book thrown at people (let's be real - it's women) who make false allegations.

BUT if he's going to speak out- he can say "My daughter is, and has always been safe with me"- no need to call the mom spiteful. Even if she is. What's best for your kid here? Rise above. Don't sink to the mom's level.

Guys- we could make up a hundred different narratives where one side or the other is right.

What we know is that he did nothing wrong in removing his kid from school. He's not charged. That's all we know.

We know the police said they had reason to be concerned for the child. We don't know what that reason is. We're not entitled to it either.

Let's just all be happy the kid is safe.

(and sad that her parents may be idiots).

Last edited by iona6656; 03-20-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
Rocksan- did you notice the picture they were using on news yesterday? it looked like a mugshot. Who's to say he isn't known to police and that's why they took it seriously?
He actually addressed the fact that they used this photo in order to depict him as a criminal. There were lots of other photos publicly available that showed his features much clearer but didn't make him look like a bad guy.

If the mother gave the police that photo, she knew exactly how she was portraying him to the public.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDad23 View Post
He actually addressed the fact that they used this photo in order to depict him as a criminal. There were lots of other photos publicly available that showed his features much clearer but didn't make him look like a bad guy.

If the mother gave the police that photo, she knew exactly how she was portraying him to the public.
True....BUT....

Do we know the mom gave the police that photo? What if it's what they had (because he was charged with something)? What if his fb photos weren't public, until this morning.

What if?

What if?

What if?

Again- see my comment above about us making up narratives.