Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:08 AM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Also- why the hell didn't either parent seek to remove the names- and sub initials to protect the kids' identities. Oh wait- probably because they're BOTH self absorbed pricks gladly trying to run the other's name through the mud.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:59 PM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
why are you attempting mediation? how much is it going to cost you- not only financially but time as well?

One thing I've learned is that if the other side is unreasonable- and more than that- irrational- mediation doesn't work. It won't work and you'll just delay time to get to court. If you have a lawyer- you'll rack up legal fees.
Ironically, mediation was the only thing that brought the other side around to being reasonable (and listening to reason) last time and we were able to reach settlement of all the issues in one session.

This happened partly because all the standard dirty tricks had been tried during litigation (and failed miserably), but mostly because the other side finally had to speak for themselves without a free lawyer to spin things and most importantly without certain dysfunctional family enablers chattering bull ***t in their ear.

In my case, thankfully the other party does have periods of clarity and reasonableness especially when she has appropriate social supports in place, it is when she is insecure or feeling emboldened by the negative or malicious agenda of someone close to her that things go sideways.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:07 PM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Can you post those links here? I want to make sure I have everything to scan. I have my forum scanner off. So if you have stuff on a message forum that can be clearly identified to the root source that would be very helpful. I can manually add them to the scan list. Nonstructured data is very valuable to my stuff. It is the closest stuff to "conscious thought" I can touch. I would love to see the tonality on that stuff.

For a data scientist, this is like a miner striking gold! A huge vein of gold!
Both are from FB, one stream is in the comments section of their Feb 13, 2019 post.

The other one is the person reaching out to another disgruntled party posting about Pazaratz here:

https://www.facebook.com/ellentv/pos...3913169257240/

If I see anything else in this vein, will pass it along.

YD
Old 03-18-2019, 06:03 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDad23 View Post
Ironically, mediation was the only thing that brought the other side around to being reasonable (and listening to reason) last time and we were able to reach settlement of all the issues in one session.

This happened partly because all the standard dirty tricks had been tried during litigation (and failed miserably), but mostly because the other side finally had to speak for themselves without a free lawyer to spin things and most importantly without certain dysfunctional family enablers chattering bull ***t in their ear.

In my case, thankfully the other party does have periods of clarity and reasonableness especially when she has appropriate social supports in place, it is when she is insecure or feeling emboldened by the negative or malicious agenda of someone close to her that things go sideways.
That actually sounds promising. Iím glad the other side has shown some reasonableness- I guess that means you can actually save more in the end. And most importantly reach a resolution that it good for your daughter.

Family court just brings out the worst and most irrational side of people.

Which is I kinda hope we see more these types of decisions.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:57 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
Family court just brings out the worst and most irrational side of people.

Which is I kinda hope we see more these types of decisions.
It does bring out the worst in people and some times orders like this will make people more reasonable and rational. In most high-conflict cases it takes a dose of very strong reality to make people stop thinking about themselves and their "story" and focus on what only really matters... The children.

Decisions like this are very powerful because they get shared and discussed. They show up in search engines. They can often influence a larger portion of society to stop the nonsense. They get attached to long motions in a book of authorities.

The objective of Family Law is a settlement and not to go to trial. Hopefully, this order got all parties in the matter thinking about what they were doing.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:54 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
It does bring out the worst in people and some times orders like this will make people more reasonable and rational. In most high-conflict cases it takes a dose of very strong reality to make people stop thinking about themselves and their "story" and focus on what only really matters... The children.

In my parents case, my mom wanted my dad to suffer. When their last appearance ended she was adamant that they file a new application for more. Her lawyer told her it was over and my mom was so angry. I was with her and told her if she did anything more, she would lose us because it had been seven years to get nothing.

In my partnerís case, his ex refused to accept the law from the beginning and was told by the judge she was wrong. She just went about her work a different way by involving the kids. They actually said to him ďthis is your punishment for taking moms moneyĒ. In court in the fall the judge spent five hours lecturing her on what the law said and how terribly wrong she was. Didnít stop her, she started ranting about abuse. We are very scared about her next filing for their date in the summer. We are hoping she took the judges words to heart and got a lawyer.

I donít even think a ruling does it. Look at the woman in this case. Shes now posting on Ellen Degeneresí page to get help. People who firmly believe they are right wonít let an order stop them.