Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:25 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungDad23 View Post
Thanks rockscan, great suggestions and I will look into all of them.

I totally agree that her new spouse is drinking the Kool-Aid and his buy-in is emboldening her to take another shot at removing me or at least marginalizing me from our son's life and then she will have a tidy little nuclear family with her new spouse.

He better watch out since once he fails to toe the line and feed her ego, she and her enablers will turn their sights on him.

Hes probably also thinking full cs and no extra person interfering. Im sure shes played the victim with him and just wants you “out of her life” and new hubby will protect her.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:11 PM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road
Smile

UPDATE: Shaking My Head!

Kid's mom has just done a 180 this afternoon, sending an apologetic, super polite and rational email asking for us to attend mediation to reach a new agreement with the news she is waiting for approval of a Legal Aid Certificate.

My head is spinning as it was just Monday I was informed that she (and her new husband) would only follow the exact terms of the final order from 2015 going forward.

My thought is she must have been convinced I wouldn't take her up on more time with kid because of the disruption to and sudden changes I would have to scramble make to my work schedule, but then when I did cheerfully agree, she freaked.

The wording of the email I got today as well as the mention of a legal aid certificate both point very strongly to her seeking legal advice (probably at the FLIC) and I can only imagine the reality check she got from whoever she spoke to there.

Did it finally just dawn on her she would only have kid with her for 2 weekend days per MONTH by insisting on the Final Order if I agreed to it??

One big question is how does she qualify for Legal Aid if she is no longer on OW and legally married to someone who works full time and appears to have a good job?

The only weird twist in the situation is her husband is not a Canadian citizen and still works overseas travelling back and forth to see her here in Ontario.

As long as I'm not missing something, I really don't care if she has a Legal Aid lawyer or not because she will lie to them just like every other time she has had free representation and once they realize she is playing games, they only go through the motions.

I knew enough to send my own very polite response a few hours later, without calling her out and even suggested we use the same mediation service as last time if she was ok with that.

Of course, I'm planning to be brief but pleasant during any contact and enjoy my restored parenting time with kid, letting it become the new status quo as

Relieved but definitely not letting my guard down anytime soon!

Thanks for all the responses and advice for this latest round.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:42 PM

I would also ask her what changes she wants to make that would be discussed in mediation. That way you know where she is coming from.

As for Legal Aid, not sure she would qualify again unless shes waiting to see if she can renew her certificate?
Old 03-15-2019, 08:26 PM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
I would also ask her what changes she wants to make that would be discussed in mediation. That way you know where she is coming from.

As for Legal Aid, not sure she would qualify again unless shes waiting to see if she can renew her certificate?
Thanks Rockscan, I will do that to see what she comes back with. The email she sent today was pretty clear that one of her goals is to claw back some of the weekend time she insisted I take just last Monday (hoping I couldn't or wouldn't).

It will be interesting to see if she gets her certificate renewed and if not, will she still go ahead with mediation.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:46 PM

Well as my mans lawyer said, mediation is not for one person to bully the other into what they want.

Shes allowed additional time for you and reverting back to the order is more time. At this point if she wants to take time from you she will have to prove a material change.