No announcement yet.

The high road gets bumpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec 3rd!...not much time....need a theory for this matter and prepare to support it.

PURPOSES OF SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE
    (5) The purposes of a settlement conference include,
    (a) exploring the chances of settling the case;
    (b) settling or narrowing the issues in dispute;
    (c) ensuring disclosure of the relevant evidence;
    (c.1) settling or narrowing any issues relating to any expert evidence or reports on which the parties intend to rely at trial;
    (d) noting admissions that may simplify the case;
    (e) if possible, obtaining a view of how the court might decide the case;
    (f) considering any other matter that may help in a quick and just conclusion of the case;
    (g) if the case is not settled, identifying the witnesses and other evidence to be presented at trial, estimating the time needed for trial and scheduling the case for trial; and
    (h) organizing a trial management conference, or holding one if appropriate. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 17 (5); O. Reg. 6/10, s. 7 (3).

PURPOSES OF TRIAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE.
    (6) The purposes of a trial management conference include,
    (a) exploring the chances of settling the case;
    (b) arranging to receive evidence by a written report, an agreed statement of facts, an affidavit or another method, if appropriate;
    (c) deciding how the trial will proceed;
    (c.1) exploring the use of expert evidence or reports at trial, including the timing requirements for service and filing of experts’ reports;
    (d) ensuring that the parties know what witnesses will testify and what other evidence will be presented at trial;
    (e) estimating the time needed for trial; and
    (f) setting the trial date, if this has not already been done

Comment

• I was thinking:

This is ex's next move for her case:

1. Bring all counselor stuff
      2. Try and get notes from professionals that she's suffering from all the so called abuse

She wont settle right? Not with a free lawyer.

How the heck would LAO allow our tax money to be spent on a trial with a motion like the one we had? Or does LAO not even know about that decision when applying for a new certificate. Oh that's right, LAO will just show the thrown out OCL report right?

When you all get your check on Friday .. the taxes you're paying are going to my ex to continue this. Doesn't that make you sick to your stomach?

Comment

• Everything and Everyone the LAO scumbag lawyer can get his hands on too support his clients position he's going to get.....that includes OCL.

I think the CAS report should suffice. (written report)

I don't know what value the OCL could be in person she's such a knob...but she could be discredited, and acknowledge she was exposed to secret recordings ....and may have answers for which jurisdiction EX was in.....you need her qual's.....resume...license...notes (starting point)

The mysterious counsellor? The other Counsellor and her notes/files.

FULL Disclosure obviously....Affidavit of Documents.

Ontario Works monthly benefit statements. (jurisdiction)

anyways that's the short list.

At the SC/TMC parties are going to have a chance to "narrow the issues in dispute"

---I've always asked that you revise your Application to focus just on Sole or joint with you primary parent.....doing this prior to SC/TMC....may be a useful tool.

---Child Abduction with allegations.....this is what happened to you.....but it's up to OP to drop the allegation part out of there Reply. Will they do that?

You could be at the SC/TMC...saying look I don't want to spend Trial time on child abduction/allegations unless I'm forced......if OP drops the allegation part it's hopeful parties can do best interest of child stuff only. (they won't)

Your more interested in winning the SC/TMC endorsement.....point 1 APPLICANT wanted to shorten Trial time...what a nice guy.

Anyways the Motion Judge absolutely destroyed the OP allegations and secret recording parts....OP would be insane to present that old position at Trial again...Trial Judge will stick to his buddy's Motion Judge's ruling.

Is it important to find out if OP is going to drop the spy recordings and allegation(s) prior to the SC/TMC

You don't even have FULL DISCLOSURE. Waiting for SC/TMC to get all the TAPES....means waiting and timelines set-up afterwards...to find out if they are genuine or authentic....it's expensive and time consuming

another point to consider......Goldilocks is no longer a victim....mediation is OP best chance to look good. (LAO settlement conference)

Consider....Once LF32 has Goldilocks address, we feel mediation would be advisable at this point.......(mediation is what Judges want...and want to see it was tried)

Comment

• Your going to need at least a 4 prong approach.

1) be the best parent for D3
          2) nail the OP for being unreasonable on disclosure/mediation/ continuing allegations/jurisdiction
          3) nail the EX on high conflict with access
          4) OFW considering communication is OP problem

Comment

• Invite your ex to appeal, she will be eaten alive. You know how we say lawyers are all friends, judges back judges.

The interim sole custody is without prejudice DO NOT LET THE JUDGE ever use this against you. It cannot be used as justification for a final custody decision.

Just keep doing what you arre doing. For now be disneyland daddy (within reason) and set everything up for shared residency (or sole).

I would suggest you be flexible with special occaisions and holidays, it will pay you back in dividends.

Dont let her bait you out.

Comment

• LF32 has about 30 days to move a few mountain's (in a nice way)

The 4 points above, is just a guideline. Technically what's going to happen is for Goldilocks to bring herself to a Trial. (totally unnecessary)

Custody goes to the parent that promotes access.

CLRA has about 8 points for best interests of child.

I don't think 7 or 8 ..3 hour supervised access in 8 months that LF32 was forced to do was in D3's best interests nor was Goldilocks working on more access....exact opposite

I guarantee Goldilocks (like a lot of negative people), cannot believe the Motion result, refuses too. She'll be a problem for a long long time, it's mental illness

Goldilocks thinks LAO scumbag lawyer lied to her, and will be absolutely hell for her lawyer to deal with. (hysterical).

Arabian put what will probably happen, Goldilocks is/will do the last part of the bottom of the barrel, recruiting a 3 year old against dad. (sad fact) Goldilocks was already doing it.

I wonder if Goldilocks is comfortable saying "it's just a process" anymore?

Motion Judge didn't stop at EOW he went further and tacked on extra access and it's now just one more step to sole custody.

Goldilocks is at no fixed address, she's was a go-between to 2 provinces.

Goldilocks 100 percent bought in with OCL (dream come true) SOLE CUSTODY, LF32 was a bad man, and off to Quebec.

If a persons bad, Courts think it's best for child and mom to move, Where doses LF32 fit in that scenario, he doesn't.

Goldilocks needs to scramble now, to appear to "live" in LF32's town.
              - doubtful any activities in LF32 town
              -welfare may be in Quebec
              -no pediatrician in LF32 town
              -no school plan
              - no job after 8 months.....jobs pay more than welfare.
              - she must have cable, internet, bank, rent receipts, doctor, dentist, cellphone all in LF32's town? All for that free house she got for being a victim

At one time Goldilocks wanted all LF32's bank transactions.......careful for what you ask for because it could turn around and bite a person in the arse.

Bet all Goldilocks bank transactions have a QC....attached.

Lots of people "debit" everything ...everyday, it's a cashless society.

A Feb-Oct bank transaction printout is easily obtained (banks allow 1 year back at ATM's) after that it's a special fee .....aren't you lucky

I wonder if rogers cable, bell, all them bills will be on the statements, even the fill-ups in Quebec for LF32's Thursday access

Just another item to ask for prior to SC/TMC...nothing to hide , shouldn't be a problem

Lot's of people live in one province and maintain a empty free house in another to steal welfare. Victims usually I imagine

So when you get that bank transaction printout with daily timy's coffee/bagel and sticks of gum.....won't be hard to figure out where Goldilocks was living.

Bank printouts are the only document Judges accept at Trials....not fliers and written cheques....actual bank statements. Great to have a copy of cheque # but Judge needs bank statement to verify.

One provable item on Goldilocks leaving jurisdiction and pretending to live in your town.....case closed ....Trial is over in 3 hours.

What's the downside for asking for Feb-Oct bank transactions....zippo ..it's additional info requested under Financial disclosure

Your going to get Goldilocks just on the financials, although your ignorant right now why

Liars get .....police enforceable terms in Court Orders.

Comment

• Ex is counting on: High Conflict situation = Cant Communicate = Sole to her.

What she hasn't taken in to consideration is that there hasn't been any high conflict communication post separation.

Although the judge did state something like "The dispute between the parties is about as acrimonious as it gets"

I need to make it clear that this acrimony is being "engineered" by my ex to achieve the first line of this post. I don't care for anger or bitterness. I care for cooperation, harmony and communication as per the best interests of our child. I'll have to prove that to the judge at trial.

Furthermore, with the denial of access, alienation from extended family, etc .. these situations .. at worst .. get a "parallel parenting" regime.

Mr. T. She's stated over and over that she's in my jurisdiction. I have transcripts from EM stating I was worried about flight and now an endorsement from motion on jurisdiction.

If her bank statements showed a lot of QC purchases than I would get some graphing done (data analysis) and see what amount of time she actually spent in QC based on these purchases

Its funny .. OP didn't bring anything about money up this time. I wonder why? They don't want me to have their bank statements perhaps? Im sure she'll just have a story (vacations, there on weekends, etc).

Disclosure of financials is next Mr. T. Along with OFW request. I didn't want to seem like I was "all about the finances" at motion. I had a specific set of things I wanted to happen.

If it's found she was in QC most the time (I do believe she was) .. you're correct, this may not last long.

I am betting I wont see D3 this Halloween (first access date). Just a feeling. Or I will but they have a plan up their sleeve. They haven't dealt with this normally from the beginning. I don't think they'll start now. I hope Im wrong.

I've been accused of just about everything in the book if you think about it. Physical abuse, Mental Abuse, Substance Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Christ .. even incestuous stuff based on "xoxo". What else can they throw at me.

You said a few posts back .. it's amazing what a man will do for the love of his child. You're right. Thanks for dusting my back off. Please stay in my corner. Let's see this thing through.

Who knows? Maybe offers of settlement are next from OP? I know I'll keep offering mediation, etc (part of 4 prong).

I'm taking your 4 prong strategy seriously. I have activities lined up, health/welfare lined up, OFW letter lined up.
                Last edited by LovingFather32; 10-26-2014, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                  I believe this is defacto joint.

Yes, this is clearly stated to be interim and without prejudice.
                  I don't know about joint, but sure seems that that judge made things 50/50 interim. LF has Wed/Thurs. every week + Fri-Monday EOW . Makes D3 with dad 7 1/2 days out of 14.... is that not 50/50?

Comment

• I do not know the geography of the area you live in but I assume that you might possibly live near the border of Ontario/PQ? IF this is the case then small receipts may not be relevant. There are a few border towns in Alberta (Lloydminster) is 1/2 in Alberta and 1/2 in Saskatchewan and another one in the mountains (can't remember the name). However, I agree with Mr. T that full financial disclosure is imperative. Can one have Ontario Health Care and live in PQ? I believe there is a time-limit on how long your coverage from one province extends to another.

As Mr. T. correctly stated, bank statements are golden in court. Of course her tax return and NOA would hopefully have an updated address (unless they simply had her mail forwarded).

In order for the OP to 'stop the bleeding' she would probably have to prove that she extended access and LF32 turned it down. She would also have to discredit the sworn affidavit of the supervisor who stated that mother-in-law said negative things about LF32 in front of the child among other things. If she goes on to try to put her actions down as "post-post-partum depression" then, bingo, you might have an opening for psychiatric examination. However, could also merely be another stalling tactic to prolong status quo. It's not going to be an easy road ahead, that's for sure.

Comment

• BGN..no sense focusing on what form the "interim access" takes, it's the end form custody takes. (but it's one helluva good start)

I agree Arabian border towns can be tricky, but if 70 percent is QC (just the Bank Statements) then a pattern will emerge.....first 3 months...LF32 town....July onwards...all QC.

One tactic definitely for Goldilocks is claiming she's "settled" and "stable" but is she?

There's circumstantial evidence pointing to Goldilocks being in QC...cat in car/French friends/family at access exchanges/ OCL claiming babysitter lived close/ old goat encouraging daughter to move to QC.

I hear LF32's town is fairly small and yet he never bumped into Goldilocks at the super market or anywhere in town.

Balance of probabilities is key.

It's the length of time a child spends in a stable environment, with established routines that slam dunks custody. (Judges are hesitant to disturb it)

OF those 8 or so points in CLRA for best interest of child....Goldilocks has ZERO.....just best interests for herself.

There's a gaping hole here for OP they betted all or nothing on allegations and the right to abduct the child.

Most "people" that want to prove "custody" come out with tons of activity flyers and old receipts for them. (people fighting for custody get bombarded with them in and out of Court)

Most people proving custody have pediatrician's, dentist, daycare, school, family around, (these are items a person fighting for custody should go and have a chat with under health, education and welfare) it's doubtful any are in LF32's town.

Goldilocks will have to do a scramble in order to get "established", I doubt she can get it done without being obvious.

As a parent all of the above is necessary information for LF32. It's another item to ask for in a letter.

Please provide a detailed list of activities D3 has been involved in
                      Who is the doctor/dentist with addresses and future appointments
                      Is there any daycare, and by whom
                      Is there a baby sitter

People with custody LOVE going after a non custodial parent for Special Expense cash, they have receipts and proof up the wah-zoo to get that money.

Hopefully you can avoid that dirty part of Family Law by getting custody, the point is OP wasn't interested in proving "custody", they wanted you in jail or blowing snot bubbles in a insane asylum.

So it's best to get on top of Goldilocks meagre offerings now to show "after the fact" stuff later in Court with no prior history.

Comment

• If LF32 has an Order where the OP cannot move without his consent, and the OP has already set up home in PQ then that is going to be one big mess for her. Did she anywhere, in any affidavits, state she was in Ontario? Once you receive the financial disclosure which proves otherwise that will go to her lack of credibility. So what does she do now? Find a place in Ontario? Does the government (Ontario or PQ) pay for her moving expenses? This could be highly entertaining, particularly as LF32 now has access all laid out. I really like the mid-week access. Hope the turnover happens in the morning as another poster suggested.

Comment

• I meant to ask LF32 if he has any reports (OCL or CAS) which talk about a home-visit with the OP? Don't these agencies usually conduct home visits in their investigations to ensure child has own bedroom, safe living environment etc?

Comment

• Anything health, welfare, education related to D3 LF32 has the right to speak to.

Once he gets that list, he can start his most excellent adventure to see if it's valid.

If D3 is in swimming, LF32 as a parent should be welcomed to attend, it's in D3's best interest.

A lot of items will have to be scrutinized because Goldilocks has no vehicle and probably won't have any idea what bus she took for cross border timys coffee or to the swimming classes.

or even how much was bus fare....LMAO

Does Ontario Works give out transit passes?
                            I know they give basic medical stuff
                            I wonder if D3 had a flu shot?

As far as I know Arabian ..Most if not all OCL and Goldilocks meetings where in LF32's town at either LAO scumbag lawyers or OCL office

Goldilocks always brought the old goat or a friend...for OCL to chat too.
                            Interesting to find out where the home visit was done (if any)
                            Last edited by MrToronto; 10-26-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• I don't know the system in Ontario but in Alberta he could ask the doctor to look on the provincial NetCare system and see if any laboratory tests or diagnostic testing have been undertaken in the past year (just takes a few clicks on the computer for a doc to access the system).

Are flu shots given in medical clinics or doctor's offices? (records would be kept either way).

Joint bank accounts with child's name. Lots and lots of people hide money this way. (When requesting financial disclosure it would be wise to include a statement which requests disclosure of any and all bank accounts, insurance policies, etc. in the name of the minor child).
                              Last edited by arabian; 10-26-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Mr. T. has a point. Ex's # 1 strategy will be "hey I need sole. Look I'm settled...all set up here with extra curricular's, babysitters, parks, family etc.

She hasn't showed any of this. I'm assuming this is her secret "custody" weapon .. bringing out the big material change in circumstances (D3 is well set up and stable).

Her strategy makes no sense to me. OCL report she states. D3 not doing well attachment-wise. D3 wipes my tears. So I don't want to work for another 2 years and I don't want to expose her to the benefits of Junior Kindergarten. I have no supports nor any family in my parenting plan as I live in Ottawa and my family lives n QC.

It's misdirection. An illusion. Of course she's going to come back with all her supports, etc.

Problem is .. now she cant say she moved to QC. Or she'll try and scrap the jurisdiction order for material change in circumstance. We all know its coming soon .. she cant work as a paralegal in ON .. just QC. Different certification system. Her going to QC is inevidible.

I'd love to know this info (dr, dentist, playgroups, swimming lessons). Question is .. why isn't she using this info to improve her position? I wonder. And yes these activities come with a price tag. Why no extraordinary expenses?

Perhaps LAO telling her to drop the money thing right now. It already looks like shes playing the system like crazy.

Our tax money paid for her to have that damn young girl to sit beside her in court again .. like she's scared or something. They literally sat there giggling. They're buddies. We pay for this stuff. It kills me.

God, why is my case so different from any other Ive ever read about?

OCL has said repeatedly that ex lives in Ottawa. (Including on recording). She said that's why her mom wasn't in her parenting plan.

But why does everything still sound like such a cover up?

Also, she was just discovered in this motion...her motives ..what shes done. How will LAO be allowed to continue with our hard earned tax money on this? I think complaints should start now.

Flu shots? No clue. Still no health/welfare stuff is being allowed.
                                Last edited by LovingFather32; 10-26-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X