X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should be next possible steps

Father of girls.. 7 and 8
    Married for 15 yrs
    2013.. wife out of an arguement grabs a kitchen knife and attacks me. Tried to save myself but finally got 2 inch cut that required stitches in emergency care. Wife was apologetic and I forgave her
    2015... wife gets angry for having called her a bad mom
    (Ofcouse she calls me bad dad quiet often) but she just lost it and grabs kitchen knife again. This time 4 inch cut on the wrist emergency.. apology seeked.. stitches again..
    All this for my kids whom I love more than my life
    She continues her physical tortures in later years but I survive real wounds..
    Would hide my important things..
    Would scream loud in street..
    Finally last summer she attacks me again
    . This time uses pencil to attempt to stab me.. I survived but then she attacks my parents and stabs my mom at the back
    I wouldn't stand more and called the cops.. submit proof of her attacking me
    Crown considers jail for her..
    She is in a reputed job .. earns 110k .. I earn 170k
    This is my kids harm again.. I dont like her but neither do I want criminal record for her nor do I want her to lose her job
    So withdrew myself and helped her in psychiatrist report that confirmed that she was just upset and I am.ready to welcome her back
    Peace bond accorded to her.. still under it
    Few months she stayed calm..
    Now she is back in her best mode.. yelling.. threatening to harm
    . Make me lose my job as a revenge of the 'trouble' I dod by reporting her
    My kids love both of us.. I can seek divorce but dont know how much this impact my kids.. what should I do?
    Seek mediator, or consular or a lawyer or ask for a amicable separation that doesn't hurt kids
    I want my kids to have successful careers.. I do not want to lose them in our dirty divorce fights..

Your wife is physically abusive. She stabbed your mother. She is not a good person. You need to divorce her.

Get a lawyer, file the paperwork and stay away from her. If she does it again you press charges and get her out of the house.

Stop worrying about her feelings and her job and what she thinks. She stabbed you THREE TIMES. Do you want your children to think it is ok to use a knife on people as a solution to their anger?

Comment

Strangers on the internet are not going to get through to you.

Who is? Seriously. Speak to someone. A therapist. A friend. Your parents.

You know what- speak to your kids. Ask them how this situation makes them feel? Ask them if they feel safe?

As I said before- do you want this for your daughters? Because everything you're doing is setting them up to continue this cycle.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X